Chapter 07: How To Feel

Narrator's POV

Lauren did not hear from Camila for seven weeks since their last call when Lauren was on her vacation. She sent a few messages and got only one reply for her first message, which was sent when she returned from her vacation. Camila briefly replied to Lauren. She only said that she was doing good and asked Lauren how Lauren was doing. When Lauren replied to her, Camila did not reply anymore. After sending a few more messages without getting a reply, Lauren stopped texting Camila.

This inconsistent communication made Lauren think of two possibilities: Camila was too busy to respond to her message, or Camila did not want to hear from her further after Camila saw Henry that day. Lauren was a bit sad and disappointed, but she was not devastated. It was because Lauren kept herself from expecting something real and serious from Camila. Lauren thought of Camila. Lauren missed Camila, but she did not want to contact her anymore unless Camila contacted her again. Lauren chose to not put too many thoughts on it because she did not know how to feel about what she and Camila had.

It was Monday morning. Ally was busy preparing stuff when Camila and her mother walked into the office. They met Ally at the receptionist's desk.

"Good morning, Ally!" Camila greeted Ally.

"Camila! Good morning!" Ally was surprised. "Good morning, Sinu!"

"Good morning, Ally!" Sinu greeted back.

"Congratulation on the new album, Camila!" Ally was always excited when she talked, "I heard the music video for your single has reached a billion views?" Camila's first single of her new album had reached a billion views in less than four months.

"Yeah..." Camila smiled. She was satisfied not merely because of the number of views and streams but because she made the music video with Lauren, too.

"I'm so excited for you." Ally looked happy.

"Thanks, Ally!" Camila chuckled as she saw how excited Ally was.

"We don't have an appointment today, do we?" Ally asked.

"No, we don't," Camila answered.

"Phew... I thought I forgot about it." Ally said.

"No, we come here to celebrate the one billion views," Camila replied to Ally.

"Yes, we want to celebrate it with Lauren since she's the director of the music video," Sinu added. Camila and Sinu had brought flowers, cakes, and sweets to celebrate with Lauren and the team.

"Great! You come on a perfect day." Ally said, "It's her birthday!"

"Really?" Camila and Sinu said at the same time. They did not know it. They just decided last night to visit and surprise Lauren. It was surely Camila's idea.

"Yes, we're preparing something for her." Ally and a few colleagues were preparing the cakes and decorations for Lauren.

"I see. Do you need help?" Sinu asked Ally.

"You don't have to, but if you want to, you can join us to decorate the room." Ally smiled.

"Yes, we can help," Sinu said. "We brought something to share, too." Sinu pointed to the food and flowers.

"Oh, it's so lovely of you. It's perfect timing." Ally was enthusiastic. She was certain that Lauren would be happy to have Camila's visit on her birthday. The cakes and sweets from Camila would it merrier.