Chapter 01: The Opportunity Knocked

Narrator's POV

It was eleven in the morning L.A. time on 12th February. Lauren was sitting in her office, reviewing the final result of a few projects from her teams. Lauren was so into her work when she heard a knock on her office door, and Ally showed up.

"Lauren," Ally came into the office.

"Yes, Ally?" Lauren was looking at her computer screen while her assistant was greeting her.

"You've got a call." Ally informed Lauren.

Lauren frowned and looked at Ally, who was holding her phone. "Who?" She asked, and her voice was inaudible.

"It's Camila." Ally said.

Lauren stopped what she was doing and looked at Ally, "Camila?" She tried to remember if she knew any Camila or which Camila.

"Camila Cabello." Ally said the full name. "It's on hold." She told Lauren.

"Camila Cabello?" Lauren was surprised. Ally nodded. Lauren could not believe it. "Really?" It never crossed her mind she would receive a call from the singer.

"Yes," Ally smiled broadly. She was excited for Lauren. "Should I tell her that you will call her back?" Ally asked since Lauren did not say anything as she was still surprised.

"Yes, No..." Lauren said. "Why is she calling me?"

"Not sure, but she said, she has a project to discuss with you." Ally said.

"Oh, okay." Lauren paused the video that she was watching.

Ally handed her phone to Lauren, and she left Lauren's office.

Lauren: Hello, good morning, Ms. Cabello! Lauren's speaking.

Camila: Oh, Hi, Hello, good morning, Lauren! (Camila sounded cheerful)

Lauren: Hi, thank you for calling, Ms. Cabello!

Camila: Please... call me Camila! (Camila did not like being too formal)

Lauren: Okay (Lauren smiled), Camila. (Lauren was a little bit nervous but she could cover it up without a problem)

Camila: Yeah, that's better. (Camila chuckled)

Lauren: (Lauren smiled) Yeah... (Lauren smiled. She never talked to Camila. It was the first time, and Lauren was still astonished by her voice)

Camila: ...

Lauren:...

(It was an awkward but peaceful silence)

Camila: Lauren? (Camila wondered if Lauren was still on the phone)

Lauren: Yes, Ms... I mean Camila. I heard from my assistant, Ally, that you want to discuss a project with me.

Camila: Yes. I'm impressed with your artistic works, and I need your help for my next music video. So, do you think you can.. help me?

Lauren: Yes, sure. It's our honor, Camila.

Camila: Great! Can we meet and talk about it?