Chapter 14

Louis has had a long day and was out and about a lot in LA today at the most famous places among paparazzi where they exactly know they can meet stars who want to be photographed. It's still a few days before he has to photograph Harry again and Louis has been so full of energy and positivity since the last time he met Harry, that he couldn't sit still behind his desk and just photographed every celebrity that came in front of his lenses.

But despite the long hours in the car and the warmth of LA, nothing could stop him from visiting Bree, who called him yesterday and they set up a meeting at her house this evening. And so he is now standing in front of Bree's apartment, who opens the door for him in a bathrobe and with a towel on her head. Louis just blinks and wonders why he's still always surprised by his friend, he should know better by now.

"Louis," she squeaks, pulls him close and kisses his cheek.

"Did I disturb you in any way? Are you just getting out of the shower? Should I wait outside until you get dressed?" he asks, a bit irritated and pinches her cheek affectionately.

"No, no. Come in. We have a lot to talk about and make it a girls night. I have already made us a mask and of course the classic - cucumber slices for your tired eyes. God Louis, when I look at you like that, you need this more than I do," she looks at him and then gives him her 1000-watt-smile.

"We're doing a girls night?" He repeats in wonder and follows Bree into her apartment, which is just as colorful and enigmatic as she is. The most interesting decorative figures are everywhere and when they go from the hallway into the living room, they first have to go through a colorful sequined curtain that gets caught in his hair and makes him giggle.

"Absolutely, now into your robe," she says, handing him a fluffy robe she had laid out on her sofa and that reminds him of Harry's.

"Can I leave my clothes underneath?" he asks, still overwhelmed.

"Yes, please. As if I wanted to see you naked or only half dressed. You have my heart Louis, but no. The robe is just about the full experience here," she replies, swinging her arms around as if that would explain to Louis what he's gotten himself into. Of course he also remembers such evenings from Lottie and her friends, but he was never there and only heard the giggling from the opposite room, if at all.

"And how do I look? Am I worthy to spend my first girls night with you?" Louis asks as he has thrown on his bathrobe and turns around his own axis, wiggling his eyebrows.

"You look absolutely adorable, as always.  Make yourself comfortable on the sofa, I'll quickly get the mask and the cucumber slices from the kitchen," she calls while she has already turned away and is on her way.

Louis lets himself fall onto the purple sofa and only then does he see what is on the opposite wall to which he was previously standing with his back. Harry's naked body on a full-size poster hangs above the television that he found when he first searched the internet for him. If he had been told at the time that in a few weeks further he had seen this man naked in reality, even had sex with him, Louis would probably have laughed out loud and flipped the bird. He from back then was so damn clueless and he's glad he finally is who he is. Bree was right, Harry helped him transform his black and gray world into a colorful one and while his eyes still wander over Harry's naked body, he misses him terribly right now. His gaze moves on to the glass showcase next to the cupboard and Louis can't help but get up from the sofa and take a closer look at what he finds inside. It's like a shrine to Harry - concert tickets, bracelets, feather boa, photo albums, magazines and CDs are displayed decoratively and show what a big fan Bree really is.

"Wow," he whispers softly, leaning closer to the glass.

"I know I'm a bit obsessed," Bree suddenly says next to him, grinning as she stares into the case with him.