Chapter 12

"Niall, I need to get Harvey out of my system. Whether you have any plans tonight or not, you're going to a gay bar with me. As a thank you, I'll introduce you to Bree," Louis starts speaking as soon as Niall answers his call, not even giving him a chance to say hello.

It can't go on like this. Every damn night before bed he stares at his picture of Harry like he's a 12 year old and has a crush for the first time. He's probably about to put up posters of Harry over his bed if it goes any further like this, but before that happens he has to stop himself.

"Wow, okay. Do you want to take someone home with you?" Niall replies.

"I have no idea, let's see. But I want to rub against another man's body while dancing and snog all night long. I want to erase every thought of Harvey," Louis says, hearing the note of desperation in his own voice.

"As long as you don't leave me all alone, there's nothing stopping you from having an evening of hot male bodies," Niall answers and Louis can picture his face, most likely wagging his eyebrows.

"No, of course I'm spending time with you too and if anyone is worthy of me going home with them, you still have Bree. Believe me you will get along great, I know it."

Louis has already arranged with Bree to meet tonight. She was immediately enthusiastic about the idea and already posted three tweets in which she tagged him and wrote how happy she was about it.

"I'm curious about her, you talk about her in the highest tones. You're not going to replace me as your best friend, are you?" Niall jokes.

"Never," Louis chuckles softly. "Mate, I have to keep working. I'll see you tonight and send you the location right after our call," Louis quickly adds and they both say goodbye.

When he has hung up, he puts his phone aside and looks intently at his PC while he reads Harry's latest articles, each one using one of his photos.

⊷ ❤︎︎ ⊶

Louis is already standing in front of the club far too early, waiting for his friends to arrive. He was so energetic he couldn't sit at home another minute, the thought of introducing two of his friends and the prospect of forgetting Harry for just one night left him jittery like a kid at Christmas. Again and again he looks down at himself because his outfit is more daring today. From the depths of his closet he has pulled out his favorite skinny jeans, which he wore in his early 20s, and has chosen a black tank top that also dates from this period which, depending on how the light falls on it, reveals his skin underneath. He already feels a few people looking at him as they enter the club. Louis doesn't quite know how to feel about this, leaving him with some self-doubt - doesn't he look good? Or is it exactly the other case? However, he will test inside whether his outfit increases his chances of flirting. Sighing, he keeps looking around for his two friends and Bree is the first he finally sees. When she spots him too, she runs towards him with outstretched arms and Louis can't do anything other than just catch her.

"I'm so glad to see you. I kind of get withdrawal symptoms when I don't see your adorable face every few days," she exclaims and Louis spins her around in the air a few times. They both giggle loudly and the bouncers in front of the club are already looking at them suspiciously. Louis puts Bree down and she quickly pulls down her tight mini dress that has pushed up a bit due to the wild greeting.

"We should probably behave ourselves, at least until we're inside. The bouncers are looking at us weirdly. And I really want to get in here," he whispers to Bree and both keep looking sheepishly in the direction of the entrance.

"Why in this one specifically?" Bree whispers back.

"I've been to the club before when I was photographing Styles, I told you about it on our last phone call. At that time I danced with a man who was completely my type, maybe he'll be back," he grins and wiggles his eyebrows.