╌ 🍥 ꒱꒱✦ chapter 45

the city never looked as beautiful as the two girls in front of her, nora thought. the city brought luxury, but nora preferred comfort — and her comfort is two people.

"no but why would you do that?" cindy's squeaky laugh brought nora back to reality.

"i didn't mean for it to fall in the toilet!" tima replied back, waving her hands away as she tried visually showing cindy what had happened. nora had followed beside them with a chuckle at seeing tima re-animate her story.

"so you used a fucking shampoo bottle to scrape it out??" nora laughed, she thought tima was lying.

"yes?!? i couldn't just leave it soaking in there!" but tima continued on with her ridiculous story. cindy and nora didn't complain though, as long as they were getting on just fine.

they passed through a street with many shops fit in a row, they were currently in hall town and were searching for a place to eat. not without a good conversation to fill them both in.

"how about sushi!?" tima suddenly suggested, popping in and her finger pointing towards hub sushi which was to their left. a couple shops down was bubble tea so cindy suggested they should get some bubble tea too.

they walked there interlocking their arms with nora (since she was in the middle), swinging side by side together as they shuffled along towards hub sushi. their stomachs were aching for something to be put inside.

they went inside, ordering a couple of things that they personally like. the order came easily without any preparation and they were already heading out the store to buy some bubble tea.

"where do you wanna go after eating? we have a lot of time to spend," cindy observed the two, watching tima eat her sushi with delight.

"well.. i was thinking we could do some karaoke! there's also another arcade down there," nora pointed, she wanted to try the karaoke place down there. she would've done it as a student to get a discount but, oh well.

cindy and tima reluctantly agreed on the idea.

"i did vocals for my electives," tima added, she talked about how she wanted to do vocals for the hsc and that she actually did. cindy thoughtfully hummed, nodding along and adding things.

"what schools did you guys go to?" tima suddenly asked, while they were walking, she turned from nora to cindy.

"we both went to mitchell high school or something," cindy replied, she remembered their fond memories together during their high school years. but during those times, cindy would be really busy and would only spend time with nora during recess.

"ohh, i wasn't too far off! i was in evans high school,"

"that isn't actually far, i sometimes passed by that school," nora squinted her eyes and furrowed her eyebrows. she had a fuzzy memory where she would pass by the building and see kids running around the court in the early mornings.

"you did?? oh man, if we were in another life we probably would've been in the same school," tima sighed out, smiling to herself at the thought of another universe out there that was fabricated for them.

"what do you guys wanna drink?" cindy's head did a little tilt to the right as they came across the bubble tea shop. they headed right inside and magically unlocked their arms around nora as they spread out towards the line in front of them.

they were at gongcha, cindy personally liked gongcha than most other places (she always drank the qq passion fruit green tea) they all ordered their drinks with particularly different tastes, fascinated by different drinks flickering on the screen stop and wondering whether they should try something new or not.

"we aren't exactly rich so maybe we should just go karaoke," cindy said, her finger swirling the straw around the drink with eyes swimming in thoughts that were never said aloud. glancing at nora and tima who were giggling amongst themselves.

"oh- yes, we have to have enough at the end of the day to go to luna park later," nora reminded everyone, sipping on her drink which always gave her taste buds a ride in the summer. it wasn't that hot out but you could still feel the waves of the summer sun hit you.

"okay, i mean karaoke is sort of cheap right?" tima had a question in her tone of voice, nora murmured,

"if we are lucky, we could definitely get it for cheap," nora decided, tima shrugged. trusting this on nora as tima barely ever went karaoke with her own friends.

walking towards the small karaoke place, it took you downstairs into a bigger space. cindy looked in awe as she slipped her phone out and looked at each led light. there was a worker with their phone and standing off to the side with their head tilting.

they walked together towards the karaoke worker, their eyes looked up and greeted like every basic service worker. they rang up and it turned out that it was happy hour so it was around $5 per person so it would only be $15 per hour.

"caught them on a lucky time huh?" nora chuckled, the other two just smiled shaking their heads as they headed towards their allocated rooms. shuffling inside as the led lights looked even more bright than before and the paintings on the wall really elevated their feeling.

"i'm so excited to sing!" tima exclaimed, she whirled all her song thoughts in her head as she ran towards the thick book that held many songs with numbers connected with them. nora sat down as she looked around on the table.

there was a regular tissue box, two mics on a stand and there was a couple of buttons that probably called straight to the staff at the front. she heard they made food if you asked.

tima grabbed a mic as she flipped through the many pages, she already had a song in mind. cindy leaned back on the couch, she was going to relax herself while sipping on one of her many favourite drinks.

"this is the song i sang for vocals like three years ago," tima started, her finger tapping on the song's name to which nora and cindy couldn't read from upside down. well nora probably could but she leaned back and sipped on her drink once again, expecting something from tima.

the song started up with a very very familiar song. a song that the two could recognise off the bat. tima stood up, feeling the slight jitters since it's been so long since she last performed. especially in front of someone.

"wise men say...

only fools rush in,"

her wispy voice slowly sang, opposite to the racing heart that would never stop beating for her. for her.

her eyes closed for a second, focusing the energy right onto her voice as she lifted her eyelids and stared at someone. someone that she barely knew yet captured her heart like no one else did, which sounds cliche but it can't get better than that, surely.

"but i.. can't help.. falling in love with you,"

eye to eye, she only saw dark brown coffee eyes stare back at her with that same adoration.

"shall i stay?"

"would it be a sin.."

"if i can't help.. falling in love with you~"

———————
sorry i literally got like super lazy this week, I WILL TRY HARDER!!! maybe 3 per week instead i think 2 each day was too ambitious lol 😭

ok anyways yeah,,,,,,, cute right