╌ 🍥 ꒱꒱✦ chapter 40

getting out of the racecar was a piece of cake, after about less than an hour of racing they decided that they definitely needed to eat as of now. nora ran a hand through her brown strands of hair, an intrusive thought crept into the crevices of her mind.

"hey tima, let's go eat and shop, i want to buy something," nora smoothly said, waiting for tima while she was busy taking her helmet off and giving it to the instructor.

"what are you buying?" tima curiously inquired, she tailed behind nora who was walking towards the exit.

"you'll see, you can even help me with it!" nora excitedly said, tima raised an eyebrow but did not question further. she knew the other would eventually tell her and that she was fine with.

they walked back to tima's car, opening the door and slipping themselves inside to their respective places.

"so, when are you going to get a driver's licence?" tima put her hands on the steering wheel, facing nora with a playful smile. "i thought maybe you would've gotten your licence,"

"why? does it look like i don't drive or something?" she looked at tima's brazen eyes, scoffing with a smile that inevitably made it to her lips.

"i mean, didn't you get to harry's concert with someone else's car?" tima asked once again, confirming the facts. "ahh, yeah cindy took me!"

there it was, the unrecognisable name that belonged to the certain asian that's probably been circulating nora's thoughts. or what tima had assumed.

"oh, yeah okay," tima feigned innocence, her hand clutching the keys and igniting the car once again. hearing the faint rumble of the car starting up, nora leaned further into the backseat as her shoulders relaxed.

"alright, we going to cbd then?" tima started backing out of the parking lot, nora hummed a response to which tima interpreted it as a 'yes'.

nora's hand instinctively touched the radio's dial, ready to connect some music for the short-ish ride. tima paid no attention as she concentrated on getting themselves out of the parking lot.

they didn't exchange much words to each other, not that it had to be absolutely necessary. the music filled the once empty silence, nora would casually throw a glance in tima's direction while sinking further into the black seat.

arriving at some random street near the city that nora definitely recognised, she quickly got out of the car with a refreshing feel of the city wind. her arms were tickled with the sense of summer sunlight.

"ugh everything is even more expensive in the city," nora sighed, running a hand through her dirty brown hair.

"can't we just be rich girls for a moment? i need new clothes anyway," tima replied, sashaying her light brown hair as she got out of the car with little difficulty.

"pfft, okay let's go to the westfield then," nora said, already making her way towards the familiar roads that lead her to the westfield. she often visited the city with cindy, reminiscing the memories with a little fond smile.

tima followed beside her, her jaded blue eyes always came back to finding nora amongst the crowd. she could never hide her true feelings when the eyes were the window to the soul, always trying to find nora.

she liked being in the presence of nora. like the earth needing the sun for life to grow.

the westfield was clearly packed, many walks of life bustling around the huge entrance that led to many shops strewn together. nora hoped that the thing she would be looking for would be here.

she honestly was not bothered to ask tima to drive back to somewhere such as villehurst or something.

sparing the details of their small impromptu 'date', nora had tried on a bunch of different hats at the h&m store, tima had outfit changed about 13 times while nora rated each outfit, they decided to eat at a small cafe that was in the middle of the westfield hall.

the cafe was small and painted black, there were booths so tima and nora opted for one as they clambered on the seat. tima on the opposite side of nora and they ordered two macarons and a cup of hot chocolate for tima.

nora had ordered the two macarons, she remembered that tima had snacks in her car earlier but they sort of ate those crackers on the way to the racecar place. also it wasn't as filling as she thought it would be.

anyhow, their order came swiftly and the waiter had left as soon as they had walked by. nora took a couple of pictures of the food with tima posing ridiculously in the background.

"so when are you buying that thing?" tima asked, her fingers curling on the hot chocolate cup with a sniff. nora's eyes wondered as she thought.

"well if it shows up, i'll buy it," she concluded, grabbing the chocolate macaron with an open mouth ready to devour the sweet dessert. tima hummed, slurping the hot chocolate.

a settled silence occurred, occasional sounds of crunching and the sipping from the both of them. finishing off with crumbs on the plate and chocolate stains on the cup.

"alright, i feel like i got an idea on where to get the thing!" nora clapped her hands with a flowing idea, tima bent down slightly to get her bag of newly bought clothes.

———————

"HAIR DYE?!? you're dyeing your hair?" the younger exclaimed, looking at the box of red hair dye that nora was holding and wiggling around.

"um yes?! i would like to dye my hair!" nora stated as if it was plainly obvious. tima just hung her mouth open, trying to imagine nora with dark red hair now.

after purchasing nora's new box of dye, they sped straight home (which nora continuously told tima to hurry up), they decided it would be better for nora to go back to her house but nora kind of forgot to mention something.

she snuck out. but whatever, that is future nora's problem.

and now future nora was outside of her house, trying to explain to tima that they would have to enter through nora's window right now. tima questioned a little bit but complied with nora's request.

they lodged themselves through the unlocked window again, hauling in tima's stuff with a struggle but in the end they got it all in. nora went straight to work with the box of dye and unwrapped everything.

"i'll do it for you," tima said, she had found a towel while discreetly snooping through nora's messy room, she wrapped it around nora's shoulders to protect her clothes from dye stains. nora quietly thanked tima, telling her she'd repay with a meal or something.

tima's hands carded through nora's wet hair, soaking it with the dye that stunk so badly of chemicals it would probably stick in their noses for a little while. nora relaxed into her wooden chair she found somewhere.

they were situated in the bathroom, nora in front of the mirror while tima had clear gloves and working her way with nora's hair. squeezing the bottle's life.

"do you think i'd look good with red hair?" nora sighed out, the feeling of tima's fingers running through her hair felt nice. it was like tima was being more careful while seamlessly carding through her hair. it was a gentle touch.

"i know for sure you will," tima chuckled, getting the roots of nora's hair and working her way down to the ends of her short hair. nora hummed once again in response, buzzing in excitement for the result. tima stole glances of nora in the mirror before resuming back to work.

a couple of hours later, nora came out of the shower with fresh new hair. a sight for tima who was sitting on the other's bed and dangling her feet. tima saw the way nora's hair hit the light and it would become a vibrant deep rose and the curly locks that complemented nora's features.

"so.. how do i look?" nora flicked her hair, the mixture of chemicals and basic hair care shampoo was what she could smell.

"you look so fucking pretty,"

———————

promise thais and cindy cameo next chap