Chapter 19

1991; before Mary was taken by Hydra.
(author's note: Mary is only two years younger that Bucky but she was found and let out into the real world a normal person before Bucky but was kidnapped after her divorce from Clint. She doesn't remember the old days but Steve does. She won't remember, either, she just remembers Bucky being her brother.)

Inside a Russian building, a soldier is walking through some steal trap doors. On a key pad, the soldier puts in four numbers and another set of trap doors open up. There is an old rectangle shield there. The shield itself is red and in the middle of it is a black star. The shield is covered in dust and a little mold.

In another part of this building, a scientist is lifting a vault, steal comes rolling out of it and Bucky Barnes is revealed. His face is covered in a metal mask. He also has a metal arm and a metal-like vest over his chest. The soldiers come in and they remove the mask from Bucky and they start moving him.

They put him in a chair with a scientist with him. He screams as the scientist does some things to him. He pants as the machine comes off his face. Bucky keeps his sister out of his head because he has no trust for these guys. None at all. Especially when it comes to her safety. The machine moves as the soldiers speak in Russian. Bucky speaks to them in the exact same language.

I was gonna go straight to Infinity Wars (Avengers) but I felt like writing Civil Wars instead and I do plan on adding Mary Barnes, my OC, in here somewhere.