Chapter 5

Nat goes to the room where Mary sleeps and finds her naked

Nat goes to the room where Mary sleeps and finds her naked. She pulls a white sheet over her and smiles.

"Morning," Mary greets.

"Good morning," Nat says. "Clint's one lucky guy."

"He was lucky." Mary stands up in her glory when Nat closes the door and she searches for something to wear; she brought clothed and a toothbrush while Bruce only packed a toothbrush. "Then he chose Laura."

"It was only because she was pregnant..." Nat pauses as she looks at Mary's body once she's in underwear. "Did you have a baby?"

Mary tenses. "How did you know?"

"Your body," Nat says. "You're fuller in the chest and you have stretch marks."

"I was pregnant; I found out when Clint was already engaged to Laura," Mary says.

"Where's the baby?" She asks and Natasha watches as her friend frowns sad. "No..." Nat whispers.

"I had a stillbirth," Mary says. "Naomi was there. That was before the cancer."

"Did you have a boy or a girl?"

"A little girl," Mary replies and Natasha's heart breaks and warms at the same time. "Her name was Lucille Natasha Barnes."

"That's a beautiful name," Natasha says softly as Mary finishes getting stressed. "I talked to Loki last night."

"Went badly?" Mary asks as the two leave the room and head to another part of the helicarrier.

"That's an understatement," Nat replies. "Did Banner ever lose control with you?"

"Yes," Mary replies. "I can calm the green guy down with my siren tune. But it takes Bruce's willpower and strength to return to himself."

"Hello, ladies!" Thor greets lousy.

"Hey," they both greet and they hear yelling.

The trio all look at each other and they walk into the lab.

"Did you know about this?" Bruce asks Natasha.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" Natasha asks.

"I was in Calcutta," Bruce remarks, "I was pretty well removed."

"Loki's manipulating you," Nat insists.

"And you've been doing what exactly?" Bruce asks; he feels anger toward everyone but Mary, he knows she came to save the world and now she's staying to help save Clint.

"You didn't come here because I  batted my eyelashes at you," Natasha remarks.

Mary steps over to where Thor is.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy," Bruce says, he feels like Mary is the only one who trusts him - rather him too angry is dangerous. "I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."

"Because of him," Fury says and he points at Thor.

"Me?" Thor frowns, stunned.

"Last year earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match they labeled a small town," Fury says. "We learned that not only are we alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet," Thor defends.

Mary believes that Asgard wants peace with Earth, but she doesn't think Loki does.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you?" Fury asks. "An, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled."

Bruce looks at Mary as she shifts awkwardly. She was uncontrollable when she first came to him but he helped her. He hopes that Loki doesn't ruin that.

"Like you controlled the cube?" Steve asks the 'bossman'.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies," Thor says accusingly. "It is the signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher for of war."

"A higher form?" Steve asks.

"You forced our hand," Fury says. "We had to come up with something."

"Nuclear deterrent," Tony says. "'Cause that always calms everything right down."

"Remind me how you made your fortune, Stark?" Fury raises his eyebrows.

Mary crosses her arms as the men all argue, the same with Natasha and Bruce. She steps out and she goes down to the cells.

"Hello again, Screami- oh, you look nice," Loki compliments.

"What are you doing to them?"

"Whatever do you mean?" Loki mewls.

"You're the God of Mischief," Mary says.

Loki smirks. He sits back but says nothing. Mary stares at him before she goes back upstairs. She is in the locker room and putting on a device she made. It has her suit inside it. When the helicarrier explodes, she's throat.

"Agh!" She yells and she waves her hand over the top as Ironman and Steve make it. They see her suit moving out of her bracelet and she is helped up by Ironman.

"You good?" Ironman asks.

"Let's do this thing, Ironman."

Screaming Woman leaves the locker room, ready to do her thing. She looks on the deck when she hears a familiar voice.

"Clint?" She frowns.

She sees a group of men coming at her. "Really?"

She screams.

The sonic waves from Screaming Woman sends the man flying back

The sonic waves from Screaming Woman sends the man flying back. She doesn't see Clint staring at her. There's recognition in his eyes but it's not there. He starts moving his men to the detention area. The strawberry blonde pauses when she hears growling and she turns, seeing Hulk.

She smirks and she whistles a siren tune. Natasha watches as the tune waves go into Hulk's ear and he looks at Screaming Woman.

"Let's get out of hear," Screaming Woman says. "I have a feeling the Earth will need us."

"What about Clint?" Natasha asks.

Hulk grabs Screaming Woman and puts her on his shoulder. He's in complete control and Natasha is in complete awe.

"Let's go, Hulk!" Screaming Woman yells. "I'll find Clint later!"

The Hulk looks at her and she nods. He nods and right before he van jump off, the jet explodes, sending them plummeting to earth. The mixed sound of the banshee scream and Hulk's roar is heard.