• love •

Colby's parents led us in, I admired their cosy and smaller home as we walked through. We reached stairs and at the top were the bedrooms I assumed. His mother opened one of the doors and there was the famous Colby Brock childhood room. His parents arranged us in Colby's old bedroom, "It's so lovely to meet you, Amora." Colby's mother smiled in delight. I smiled back brightly as ever, "The same to you!" I delivered politely. I reached my hand out to his mother for her to shake but to my surprise, Colby's mother hugged me.

For once, it felt like a motherly hug, one that felt so right and warm that you didn't want to end. 

I hugged back before she let go. "If you need anything, we're just downstairs." She added caringly "Don't be afraid to ask!" She smiled once again as she closed the door and retreated downstairs.

I glanced around the old room, band posters, band instruments, his desk with clutter messily placed and his comfy-looking bed. 'So, this is the official: Colby Brock childhood bedroom?" I asked smiling, Colby chuckled before sitting down on the bed next to me. "Sure is, god it feels weird to be back," Colby uttered.

"You'll get used to it, it'll feel like home again soon enough" i reassured. Colby nodded, "i know, i know." Colby stated however i could tell something was still bothering him, itching at him.

I reached for his soft hand and held it tight, "What's wrong? Seriously." I said, I focused on Colby and I could instantly tell he was avoiding the question. His eyes darted around the room before he breathed in deeply and exhaled, His eyes rounded back to me. "It just doesn't feel like home anymore, it feels like i'm in a strangers house." Colby exclaimed. My heart shattered at his words, I knew how that felt but I would've never wished him to feel like that. I controlled the tears that wanted to spill out.

I placed my head on his shoulder affectionately, "i know, it'll be okay i promise." I uttered, Colby squeezed my hand tightly. "i love you." He whispered into my hair, his lips placed a soft kiss on my hair, "i love you, too." I whispered back.

-

It was dinner, we were all sitting down at the dinner table. It was dead silence until his parents began to interrogate me, which i wasn't expecting.

'What do you do for a living?'
'How did you meet?'
'How did you get together?'
'How long have you been together?'
'Where are you from?'

It was queston after question however there was one question that made me almost choke on my food, as well as Colby. "When will i be getting grandchildren?" Colby's mother laughed sweetly. The whole table went silent, "Mum, jesus. You can't ask that-" Colby stated. I laughed, i place my hand over Colby's lovingly. "You never know, maybe soon or maybe years from now. Just when it's right." I smiled.

His mother, smiled so bright after i said those exact words. "Of course, whenever you two are ready! But we'll be here to support you always." She replied with a twinkling look in her eye, a look of proudness and happiness. I have never seen someone so happy in my life.

-

After dinner, i stayed behind to help Colby's mother with the dishes while Colby and his father went out with the dogs to spend some quality time together. His mother and I were making small talk, music on in the back. "Y'know, i've never seen my son so happy." She concluded. I heard her voice slightly break, making me realise she was being genuine. 

I laughed politely, continuing to dry the dishes but she was persistent. "i'm serious! Colby was going through things that last time I saw him and it mde my heart break knowing that he wasn't going to let me help him, now he's smiling and laughing! Like how he did when he was a little boy." She stated proudly, "I want you to know that, you're apart of this family and you always will be." she responded.

My heart broke, shattered even. I never had a strong bond with my own parents and to have a strong bond with my partners parents means everything to me and truly makes me want to cry, i never thought they would like me.

I hugged her tightly, slightly tearing up and she hugged me back, crying. "Thank you for fixing my boy." she cried, her lips were trembling and tears spurted out of her eyes. After that comment we were both crying messes. 

Once we heard the boys come back from their walk, we dried our tears and laughed.

I've never felt so welcomed.

-

Colby told me about the walk with his dad, he sounded so happy and genuine. He told me the jokes his dad said which were so bad they made me tear up, how they talked about me (which surprised me), the family and much more. Everything poured out of him but i was so happy to hear that it was starting to finally feel like home again, that's all i've wanted for him. 

We were wrapped in each others arm in bed while we talked aimlessly about what tomorrow held, while I began to fall asleep Colby told me stories from his childhood, school and outings to haunted or abandoned places with Sam, Nate and a few others.

He told me about this old, abandoned jewellery factory he used to go to with Sam and his other friend Nate. It was a fond memories of his, the way he talked about it made it obvious and I was half asleep. "I don't know if it's still there but if it is, i'm taking you tomorrow." Colby chuckled.

I began to get excited about the jewellery factory, quickly after that we both fell asleep; dead asleep. I've never been so tired in my life but today had been a blast.

I'm so glad to have Colby in my life, where would i be without him?

Who knows? all that i know is, i wouldn't be here cuddling with him in his childhood bed.