• abandoned mall •

It was 9:32 at night and we were driving to a location for Sam and Colby's YouTube channel.

I didn't even though they did youtube; i checked their youtube and let's just say i was shocked to see they had 9.35 million subscribers.

We're filming a video at an abandoned mall. I've been to building sights and sneaked into small abandoned area's but nothing like this. I wasn't too sure about this, something just didn't feel right.

Sam was driving, Jake was in the front with him and Corey, Colby and I were all squished in the back. Corey was asleep and Colby and me were talking. "I'm not too sure about this." I whispered to Colby, "You'll be fine." Colby muffled looking out the car window.

After our night on the rooftop, things have been awkward as fuck. I've been keeping my distance but when i can't be distant the tension can be cut with a knife.

-

An hour drive later, we arrived at the abandoned mall. The malls aged brick was covered my moss and vines, the building looked like it could fall to smithereens any second. We all took flashlights out of our bags and made sure they were working. We then gathered around the camera waiting for Sam to start recording. Sam and Colby did their intro and introduced us all. Sam leaded the way with the camera, Jake and Corey were beside Sam making funny jokes to lighten the mood that didn't help at all and Colby and I were at the back holding flashlights.

I looked around and god was it dark. Colby bumped my side as he walked past me trying to get closer to Sam and a flutter erupted inside of me.

-

At first everything was great; fun even. Sam told the camera the history of the mall and why it closed down while we were all cracking jokes in the background. We found a spot in the mall where we decided to sit down for a minute.

Colby unzipped his bag and showed the camera his skate board, I giggled when he tried a new
trick and failed miserably. "Why are laughing? Do you think you can do better than me?" Colby exclaimed jokingly. I giggled once more and out of breath i said "Colby, i can't even skate for crying out loud." Colby got up from the floor and outstretched his hand for me to take, "Time to learn then." Colby smirked amused.

He held me by the waist as i got on the board, wobbling like crazy. "Yeah, thats it. Good girl." Colby exclaimed when i got on the board without falling. My cheeks flamed up and I could feel my cheeks going bright pink but i continued to listen to Colby while he instructed me.

-

After sitting down for a minute we got back up and kept walking around, until we all heard a loud pitched scream that shook me to my core. It was loud and clear that we were not alone, I reached for Colby's arm out of instinct and Colby held onto me tighter. The group fell silent instantly until Sam spoke aloud. The camera was still on capturing everything.

"Hello?, Is anybody there?" Sam shouted. We heard loud cries of 'help' and 'run' and fast footsteps. Tears brimmed at my eyes but I didn't dare cry. We were a long way from the entrance.

The group ran to a pillar so they were out of sight and tried figuring out how to get back to the entrance and quickly. Our quiet talk and thoughts were cut short when a loud gunshot aired through the large space. "GET OUT!" A voice of a man shouted from up above us and another gunshot aired. A warning shot.

The group ran as fast as they could, in the end they all got split up when they ran in separate directions. Colby and I thankfully didn't get split up. We ran to the closest hiding place we could reach; the mall's toilets. We quickly hid in a stall and closed the stall door.

I couldn't breathe and tears were streaming down my face. Colby put his hand over my mouth. "Don't make a fucking sound, okay?" Colby mouthed to me shakily. I nodded and tried my best to stay quiet, then the door to the bathroom opened and we both knew that it wasn't Sam, Jake or Corey.