Chapter 6 ~ School project

"You're grounded for a week. No going to the sturniolo's until I say." she says. I scoff before walking upstairs. I walk into my room, locking the door. I pick up my phone to text the group chat.

*texting*

Me- Bro, my mom just grounded me. I can't go over until next week.

Nick- What, why?

Matt- I don't care

Me- Came home late

Nick- Grounding you at 18 is crazy.

Me- I know. She still thinking I'm a child.

Chris- Just lie and say you're coming over for homework

Nick- Since when have you ever seen Y/n do homework

I put my phone down just staring at the celling. I sigh before going back downstairs. "I'm going for a walk." I say walking out the door. I picked up a branch of leaves off the ground, peeling apart the leaves slowly as I walked to the sturniolo's house. I tried to open the gate but I couldn't. I reached in my pocket for my phone, realizing I left it in my bed. I groan before jumping the fence. I knock on the door and in only a few seconds the door opens. It was Marylou. "Hey Y/n are you looking for the triplets?" She asks. I nod my head. "Just Chris though." I say. "Okay, one second." She says before closing the door. I wait while peeling more leaves. Finally, the door opens again. This time it was Chris. "Yeah? Wait, I thought you were grounded?" He asks. "Just cause I'm grounded doesn't mean I can't go on a walk." I say. "So you're asking to go on a walk?" he asks with a smile. I nod. "Alright, let's go then." He says. We walk down to the gate. "I had to jump over the fence. It literally wouldn't open." I say. "It's not that hard." Chris laughs. He tries opening the gate, but he struggles. I look at him and laugh. "Guess we're jumping the fence." He says before jumping over, I follow right after. "I'm assuming you want to talk about something?" He asks. I pause, leaving silence. "No, I just wanted to talk. Nothing special." I say. Chris quickly changes the subject. "How long are you grounded for again?" He asks. "A week." "A whole week? That's insane." He says shocked. "I know. I'm so sick of her. I wish Marylou was my mom." I say. Chris laughs before putting his arm around my shoulders.

~ Time skip ~

My alarm went off at 5:00am, as usual. I jump into the shower and quickly wash off. I wrap my towel around myself along with one on my head. I walk to my closet and pick an outfit.

 I walk to my closet and pick an outfit

I do my makeup and hair. Once I'm done its  6:21am. I was still thinking about yesterday. I always romanticize the littlest things. It felt like a date, I know it wasn't, but I wish it was. I didn't feel like eating breakfast today, so I went straight outside. I was surprised to see that the triplets were already parked in my driveway. I open the backdoor and see Nick. "Hey!" I say putting my bag in first. "Hi." He says sleepily. "Sup." Chris says. "Hi." I say. I wait to see if Matt would say anything. "Wow. Be like that." I say. "Hey Y/n." Matt says smiling. "Mhm." I say. Matt waits a few seconds before driving to school. We make it to school and we all get out. Matt and Nick go a separate way while Chris and I walk into the school doors. He puts his arm around me as we walk in. I see Brandon with his friends standing at their lockers. I put my head down, trying to avoid eye contact. Luckily, he doesn't see us. You both walk into your class and see "BABY PROJECT" written on the board. Chris and I give each other a look before sitting down. Soon, class starts and the teacher announces there will be a project for Child Development. "You and you're partner will be assigned a baby and will have to take care of it together. Feed it, Bathe it, the basics." He says. "If anything goes wrong with your baby I get a notification. If you're baby cries longer than 5 minutes you both will be deducted 10 points." He says. "Here are the partners." he reads off all the names. "Y/n and Chris-" . You and Chris look over at each other smiling. You dab each other up and wait for the teacher to finish. "Now you will pick a baby!" the teacher announces. He calls people down the row and Chris and I were the last one. You grab the doll, a bottle, and a carseat. I take it back to our desks and I start putting the baby in the carseat. "Should it be a boy or girl?" Chris asks. "mmm, boy" I say. "You pick the name." I continue. "Let's name him." He pauses. "woolly Mammoth." Chris says laughing. I roll your eyes smiling. "Are you joking?" I say laughing. "Do I look like I would joke about my son's name?" I smile before asking "Who's gonna take him home?"  "Why don't you tell your mom it's a project so you can come over?" "You've actually had a good thought for once!" I say with a smile. "I'll text her now." I continue. I take out my phone, before texting my mom. Just as I put my phone down Woolly Mammoth starts crying. "Oh my gosh! What the fuck do we do?" Chris says panicking. "Uhm, where did you put the damn bottle?" I say looking around. Chris quickly hands me the bottle and I feed the baby. Woolly mammoth stops crying and we let out a sigh of relief. "And there we have our first parenting lesson!" The teacher says excitedly. "Who's taking woolly mammoth to their next class?" I ask. "Can't, I have library." Chris says. "Wow Chris" I scoff. Soon the bell rings and you grab the carseat walking to your next class.