Chapter 24

A few hours later, Cillian was lying alone on the sofa. It was full moon outside and clear sky, thus it was quite lit in the living room even with lights off. Noralie and Coco had fallen asleep while reading books. So Cillian had carried a sleeping Noralie to their bedroom, tucked her in and kissed her head, before grabbing his own beddings and heading to the sofa. His heart ached at the sight of Noralie alone in their bed and he wanted nothing more than to just cuddle up with her. With a deep sigh he turned around on the sofa and closed his eyes, hoping that sleep would come soon.

He woke to the sound of the door opening, soft footsteps came over to the sofa. Noralie's smell reached his nose. Tiredly and without thinking, he moved a bit to the side and lifted his blanket. His mate quickly climbed in next to him. Spooning around her, he covered both of them. Noralie sighed and he hummed content. They were both asleep again within the next minute.

***

Noralie woke up the next morning, cuddled up with Cillian on the sofa. Confused, she rubbed her eyes. How did she end up here?

"Good morning kitten," Cillian mumbled behind her. 

She turned her head to look at him.
"Morning alpha," she smiled.

"Our plan didn't fully work," he said with a small grin and kissed her forehead. 

She looked at him confused.

"You fell asleep with Coco and I took you to our bed, but you came here at some point in the night," he explained.

"Oh, I don't remember," she admitted. He just smiled at her. 

She felt much better than the previous evening and also Cillian seemed to be in a better mood.
"What's the plan for today?" She asked, since they hadn't talked about it the previous evening, as they usually did.

"I'll head to work after breakfast and should be home for dinner. The guys will come here, whenever they are done with work," Cillian explained.

"Okay," she nodded.

"What about you?"

"I have to visit the doctor to get the stitches out and I will call Annie, since we haven't had time to chat yesterday and then I will go to two of Victoria's classes. I was wondering-" she stopped uncertainly.

"What?" Cillian prompted.

"Well, I was thinking of asking the doctor for a contraceptive shot, so we don't need to worry about stuff," she looked at him shyly. 

Cillian was quiet.

"I know we haven't talked about children yet, but I don't think I'm ready right now. I know it might be different for you, but I would like to wait," she rambled trying to explain.

"Of course, we'll wait until you're ready, kitten. And I also think, we should have some time for us first," he said earnestly.

"But you don't need to get the shot for my sake. I'm fine with using condoms." Cillian said it like it was the most natural thing to talk about. 

Noralie blushed a bit.
"But what if I want to feel you bare?" Her voice didn't rise above a whisper. Her cheeks burned.

Cillian's face morphed into a small smirk and she felt his lower regions jerk in excitement.
"Baby, do you realize how sexy that sounds?"

"Does it?" She looked at him with innocent eyes.

"Yes, probably all guys prefer to not have anything covering their dick."

"Oh okay."

"But it is your choice, okay?" 

He leaned forward to kiss her and she happily let him. It felt so right to be kissed by him. She wanted more. Without breaking the kiss, she turned around next to him, so she was facing Cillian. His hand grabbed her leg and draped it over him. His kissing became more intense and dominant and she pressed herself into him. Slowly all other thoughts left her brain, until there was a loud knock on the door.