Chapter 14

The next morning after breakfast, Noralie followed Cillian to the back yard. Easton, Ryder, Aspen and him were supposed to leave soon. Noralie had wanted to see him off. This would be the longest they have been separated since they met. Cillian was happy that Sofia had promised to keep Noralie company and they were going to have lunch at his parents' house. Noralie even said that she could play a bit with Coco, if Lilian and Richard wanted her to. She would try to keep busy.

"We'll be back in the evening. If you need anything, just ask Sofia or my parents." Cillian had given her their phone numbers earlier.

"Okay. I'll be fine," she smiled one of her sweet smiles at him.

"I know, kitten." He pulled her in for a kiss.

"Do you think I can change here without Zoey jumping on me?" He wanted her to see his wolf, but it would mean that Zoey might want to come out and play which would pose a real danger of them marking each other.

"I think she's okay. She is usually very docile and seems to understand that I can't let her out," Noralie said.

He wasn't too surprised, because Noralie was also such a sweet person. It made sense that her beast was the same. He nodded and started to take off his clothes, handing them to Noralie, who looked at him appreciatively. He winked at her, before stepping out of his pants. In a swift motion he changed from man to beast and landed on all fours. Kyle was in the forefront of his conscience. He was elated to be free after such a long time. Usually he didn't wait two weeks between shifts.

***

Kyle went to sniff his mate, who looked at him happily. His wolf was big, significantly larger than average, close to someone with lycan blood. His shoulder level was almost at Noralie's shoulder. She let him sniff her. His mate smelled so good. Kyle wished that Zoey would come out as well. He licked Noralie's face and she laughed.

"Hey Kyle," she giggled and lifted her hand to stroke his head. He yelped in reply. He nuzzled his snout to her neck, licking her shoulder.

"I know, I know, alpha. Soon," she promised, understanding his request for marking her. She continued scratching his head and Kyle was happy. With his mate he seemed to turn into a big puppy, nothing resembled the serious, authoritative alpha wolf that he usually was. Kyle yelped again and started to rub himself on Noralie, wanting to scent her. She laughed again and let him. When he was satisfied that she only smelled off him, he sat down wagging his tail.

Noralie also kneeled down in front of him and Kyle laid down, resting his large head on her small lap. He nudged her hand again wanting more scratches. She laughed and obliged happily.

"Are you a good boy?" She crooned in a low, sweet voice.

Normally, he wouldn't let anyone talk to him like this, but with his mate nothing was normal. He let her tease him a bit and enjoyed her caresses.

"Such a good alpha you are."

Kyle relished in the attention he got. Maybe alphas also needed to hear that they were good.

She didn't stop scratching him, even when the others showed up beside them.

"Noralie? What are you doing?" Ryder asked, looking dumbfounded at them. Easton and Aspen wore similar expressions.

Kyle yelped at them, annoyed by their interruption.

"What do you mean?" Noralie asked back.

"I mean with Kyle. Why is he lying there like an oversized puppy?"

Kyle had to admit that this was unusual. He didn't usually let anyone touch him if not in combat or to heal him when wounded. But this was his mate. She could touch him anytime she wanted to.