Chapter 4

Noralie's tears made Cillian feel like the worst mate on the planet. He knew that this was going way too fast and while he knew that he would return home after their stay in Lawfield, his mate wouldn't know anyone in Rougefork or in their pack besides him, Ryder and Aspen and some of his security team. She had bravely put all her trust in him, her mate. He would take a few days off when they arrived in Rougefork to help her settle in. Maybe his cousin Sofia would want to introduce Noralie to some of her friends. She was a social butterfly and always happy to meet new people.

Noralie wiped her face and sat up.
"I messed up your shirt," she said quietly, looking at where her head had rested just a moment ago. A large wet circle had formed.

"Don't worry about it." This was the least of his worries. Clothes could be changed.

"I seem to cry a lot around you." She blushed and looked at her hands.

"But not without reason. I think you're very brave for coming with us."

"Or very naive," she mumbled.

"Are you worried the big bad wolves are going to take advantage of you?" Ryder said jokingly from the passenger seat.

Noralie's head jerked up at the comment and her blush deepened. Cillian wondered what she was thinking about.

"You don't need to worry about Aspen or me, we're really docile, but Cillian I would look out for, I heard he has a thing for little redheads, but he also usually behaves if you feed him regularly and keep him from playing golf. That's the one sport that he can't get a grip of and he gets super grumpy when he loses," Ryder said with a wink and a large smile.

Cillian frowned. Did his best friend have to mention his shortcomings again?

"I've never played golf," Noralie replied.

"It's not that difficult if you ask me, but your mate might disagree," Ryder said conversationally.

Noralie looked like Cillian who was a little grumpy.

"I hate golf. How are you supposed to hit the freaking tiny ball with a thin stick?" Cillian crossed his arms defensively in front of his chest.

"Why do you play it, if you hate the game?"

"I don't. At least not voluntarily," he clarified.

"Cill's father is really good at it, could have played pro if he wanted to. The old alpha hoped that this would be something that he could do together with his son, but the few times they went to play, they came back both angry and shouting at each other. While normally they get along well. It would have been hilarious, if we hadn't all been genuinely worried that they would go for each other's throat at any moment," Aspen recalled laughing.

"Did anything happen?" Noralie asked worriedly. His mate was too sweet, Cillian thought.

"Nah, Cill's mother went between them and read them the riot act. She's one tough lady for going between two angry alphas." Aspen and Ryder were still laughing.

Noralie looked impressed. "What are your parents' names?" She turned to Cillian again.

"Henry and Janice."

And with that the conversation started to flow for a while. Noralie was clearly curious about their pack and life in Rougefork. It seemed to take her mind off leaving her own pack. Cillian, Ryder and Aspen had grown up together, so they had a lot of stories to share about their mischievous adventures in their youth. Some of them left them all laughing with tears. Cillian was happy to see that Noralie and his friends got along.

At some point his phone started to buzz with incoming messages which demanded his attention. With a small apology to Noralie he opened his laptop to address the messages. She smiled sweetly and kept on chatting with Ryder and Aspen in the front, who had more stories to share. Cillian was glad that his friends were keen on making their new Luna feel part of their group.
A while later Ryder also opened his laptop after he had received a short call from his assistant at his company asking him to reply to some urgent requests. When Cillian traveled with Ryder and Aspen, it was a common occurrence that at least one of them was on their computer or talking on their phone during the trip. All three of them were leading companies and didn't have the luxury to take a lot of free time.