Chapter 28

When Cillian woke up the next morning, Noralie wasn't next to him. Alarmed he sat up and looked around, he didn't see her but then he heard some sounds from the kitchen and figured she was probably preparing breakfast. He looked at the clock. 

It was only 6:30. 

He slowly got up and got dressed for the day. He needed to head into work since he couldn't go tomorrow, like he usually did on Fridays. All pack related topics that he normally pushed to handle on Thursdays were either postponed or cancelled or handed over to Easton, Ryder or Aspen. 

As he expected, Noralie was already in the kitchen. She was once again dressed in his shirt with her hair thrown into a messy bun. She turned around when she heard him come in. She looked very tired but smiled.

"Hey kitten," he said and walked over to her.

"Good morning alpha."

"Why are you up already?" He asked and bent down to give her a kiss.

"Couldn't sleep. It's a side effect of the medication. I've been rolling around half of the night," she said quietly and he pulled her into his arms. 

He didn't have any words to make her feel better. The situation was shit once again.

"Do you want me to help you?" He asked, looking at her preparations.

"Sure," she agreed and they finished making omelets and toasts together.

"I know I've said that I wanted to take you out to dinner to celebrate on Friday, but I guess it's safer if we head to the cabin right away," he said when they had sat down to eat. 

Noralie was just picking at her food, which worried him. 

She nodded a little sad.
"I guess, that's better."

"But I want to take you out on Sunday. What do you think?"

"That would be nice," she smiled sweetly.

"Good."

"It's kind of our first date," she said looking happy at the prospect.

"Yes, I'm sorry we haven't really had time for that so far," Cillian apologized. 

He felt a bit bad that it had taken them more than three weeks. He wasn't the most romantic guy, but before he had always taken out his previous girlfriends on dates a couple of times per week. But with Noralie time hadn't been on their side.

"That's alright, alpha. I understand, there has hardly been a moment to breathe. As long as we find time to spend together, I'm happy."

Cillian again had a hard time leaving for work after breakfast. He worried for Noralie and he was hurting because of their missing mate bond. Noralie offered him her collar again, which he pocketed quickly. After another long kiss and his promise to call during the day, he left to drive to work with a heavy heart.

***

Noralie knew both of them were sad that they couldn't spend the day together. But they both had obligations. The Olympic committee would come in a couple of hours and Noralie hoped she would be ready for them. Janice had sent a message that she would come by the alpha wing half an hour before, so they could chat before the appointment.

After cleaning up the kitchen, Noralie got ready for the day. She was looking through some of the material that Erik had sent her, when the door to the alpha wing opened an hour later.

"Noralie, dear, are you here?" Cillian's mother's voice rang through the corridor.

"I'm in the kitchen, Janice," she called back and a few moments later the older she-wolf stepped into the room.