Chapter 23

The next morning Noralie woke to the sound of Cillian's alarm. She had wanted to talk still last night, but as soon as they had gotten comfy, exhaustion had washed over her and she had probably fallen asleep in less than a minute.

"Morning, kitten," Cillian said sleepily and she turned her face to look at him. 

They didn't seem to have moved during the night. She was still half laying on top of Cillian.

"Hey alpha," she smiled back.

"How do you feel?"

"Good. I slept well, but I always sleep well next to you," she smiled.

His lips turned upwards a bit.

"How about you?"

"It's okay. Couldn't fall asleep for a while," he admitted.

"Because of what happened last night?"

He nodded quietly.

"Are you still upset?"

"A bit. Mostly it's guilt. I didn't take care of you as I promised. And I worry that you won't trust me anymore."

"But I trust you, alpha. This was an accident. To be honest I think that I also misjudged myself a bit. I thought I was ready but I wasn't. I don't regret what happened and I hope it will happen again some day, but I think I need more time just with you. I was just so curious and excited about learning new things."

"I know, kitten, and I don't want to stop you from exploring. But I think it's also for the best, if we don't try this again for a while." He kissed her forehead.

"Do you think Easton will be disappointed?"

"No, he understands that this was too much too soon. If you want, we, or you, can talk to him about it, but I'm sure there are no hard feelings," Cillian assured her

"Okay. Do you think it's okay if I meet up with him for a training session with Zoey some time this week?"

"If you get the okay from the doctor to change again, I'm fine with it. Aspen or Ryder can also help, if you want." Cillian placed a kiss on her forehead.

"You're not going to be jealous again?"

"I don't think so, but if so then that's my problem. I can't help you and Zoey at the moment, maybe after we're marked, but let's see. Kyle is really desperate to be with Zoey, I don't want her to get hurt by accident."

Noralie nodded and then blushed, remembering that her emancipation hearing was already on Friday.
"Can we go to the cabin for the weekend?" She asked giddily.

Cillian raised an eyebrow. "What are you planning, kitten?"

"I will finally be an adult, I want to celebrate with you."

"Celebrate with me?" Cillian said grinning. "I thought I would take you out for dinner on Friday after the hearing."

"But after that we can go to the cabin, right?" She looked at him hopefully.

"To do what?"

"To - to," she stuttered.

"To consummate our mate-bond?"

She wrinkled her nose. "That sounds so official. So old-fashioned."

"Well, it makes us pretty much officially mates and I'm old," he retorted.

"You're not old! But I like us showing that we're mates," she smiled.

"But I also want us to have a mating ceremony," Cillian said, playing with her hand.