Chapter 20

Cillian took hold again over his mind and body and Kyle let him. He changed quickly and dropped next to his mate, who since she had become unconscious wasn't able to hold her beast form any longer and also transformed back into a human.

"No," he shouted alarmed and took her still head into his hands. She was breathing but only shallowly.

Now that he could finally think rationally again, he looked up and saw the destruction he had caused.

Selena, Ryder and Aspen had changed back. Ryder clearly had some scratches but seemed okay. Aspen held his arm, but seemed otherwise unwounded. Selena was battered and bruised, but judging by the angry look she was giving one of the pack doctors that was already trying to help her, she would be fine.

Easton and his parents and Sofia were standing close by. They eyed him wearily. He couldn't fault them, he had behaved like a crazed animal which Kyle had been in a way. He realized that Kyle had slipped into a bloodlust because he wanted to avenge his mate so badly. He would have killed Selena.

Ryder and Aspen had tried to stop him and even his own father did, but it wasn't enough. It took his mate forcing herself in his way to get him to come back to reality. She was the only one who could get through to him and he was ashamed of himself.

Another pack doctor came slowly closer. He also seemed apprehensive, but Cillian nodded trying to show that he was back in control. The doctor followed by two nurses and Cillian's family rushed close.

"Help her," he said in a rough voice. He didn't command, he pleaded.

The doctor fixed him with a calm look.
"Don't worry, alpha. We will take care of the luna." Then he got to work.

Cillian sat back on the heels of his feet, giving space to the doctor and his team but staying close enough to touch Noralie. He watched with concerned looks as the doctor inspected Noralie's back. It was a gruesome sight and Cillian knew that even shifter healing could not prevent scars. The damage was just too extensive and too deep.

"She's lost too much blood. We need to transfer her to the infirmary," the doctor said mostly to the nurses but also to him.

"Get the stretcher," he said to the nurses and they left. "I'll give her a blood coagulator, so she doesn't bleed out."

Cillian nodded again and the doctor opened his medical bag and set up a syringe with the drug. Cillian felt a hand come rest on his shoulder, he looked up. His father came down to crouch next to him. He didn't seem angry as Cillian expected him to be.

"She's strong, son," his father said and looked worriedly at Noralie.

Yes, she was strong. Stronger than anyone Cillian knew.

"I lost control," Cillian admitted. His eyes stayed on Noralie. He couldn't look into his father's eyes and see the disappointment.

"I know. We're lucky that she was able to bring you back," his father said solemnly.

"Yes," Cillian agreed grimly. "I can't lose her."

As if Noralie heard his words, she made a quiet groaning noise. She was gaining consciousness. Cillian rushed forward to her side. He couldn't hold her because of the injury but he cupped her face gently in his hand. She hadn't opened her eyes and her face was a pain filled grimace.

"Hey kitten, it's me," he said softly next to her.

Noralie just groaned and whimpered. Her body started to twitch.

"She shouldn't move," the doctor said without looking up from his work on her back. He was trying to clean around the wound and bind it together with surgical tape for a first fix. Cillian nodded at him.