Chapter Fifteen

When I opened my eyes it was dark. I sat up and let out a groan. My back ans neck were stiff. I stood up and went to the iron door. I pushed it opened and mentally laughed, idiots. I looked down and realized I was wearing a tank top (with a bra thankfully) and underwear. That was it. I felt my cheeks flare even though no one was around. I walked down the long hallway and opened the wooden door. On the bed lay sleeping a man who was around my age. I studied him and decided he wasn't familiar at all. "Where's Daniel?" I growled.

The guy jumped up. He studied me, his eyes grazing over my body. I felt my cheeks get even hotter. "You're awake," he smiled.

I frowned at him. I waited for an answer but he just got up to reveal he wasn't wearing anything. He took a step towards me and I took a step back. "Where's Daniel?" I screeched.

He frowned at him. "Why would you care about him when you could have me?" He raised an eyebrow.

My eyes flickered to the door. I sprinted to the door and ripped it open. A wide hallway was revealed before me and people laid scattered about, laughing and talking. They're eyes shot towards me when I opened the door. "Get her!" The man behind me yelled as soon as I started running.

Everyone shot to their feet and ran at me. The first man that ran at me I punched right in the face knocking him to the ground. I did a flip in the air when someone charged at me. I ran to the double doors and pushed them open. I could hear everyone running after me behind me. I was surely lost but I kept running. Soon I came to a dead end and I spun around to face the crowd. "Just come with us and we won't have to hurt you," one guy said.

I looked around for a weapon and when I didn't find one I glared. "Over my dead body," I hissed.

"Fine," he hissed back.

He charged and I jumped, I pushed myself up jumping on his back and held onto the vent above me and ripped it open. I crawled in and army crawled as fast as I could. "Come out!" someone else yelled.

I passed another vent to a random room and I dropped through. There was a window and I smashed through. I landed on wet grass and was surrounded by forest. I ran into the forest. I ran with everything I had, I would come back for Daniel, I would. I broke into another clearing and in the middle laid a small building. I ran up to it and opened the door. There was nothing but a rug on the floor. How obvious. I lifted the rug and then the hatch underneath. I climbed down the latter and saw it was a dungeon. I heard nothing but heavy breathing. "Daniel?" I whispered.

"Scarlett?!" I heard a groan from all the way at the end of the corridor.

I ran to the end and kicked the lock with all my might. I opened the metal door and crouched by Daniel. "Daniel!" I cried.

I felt his arms wrap around me. "I thought they hurt you," he sighed.

"Me? What about you!" I cried.

I felt hot tears run down my cheeks and my breath was quick, like I was hyperventilating. He held me tight. "We need to get out of here," he said trying to stand.

"That's not going to happen," a voice said from behind me.

I spun around and glared. It was the man from the bedroom but he was dressed now. "It is," I hissed.

I helped Daniel lean against the wall. I went over to the corner and grabbed the chain that hung from the wall. I wrapped it around my wrist and twirled it in the air. I needed to let my anger go and there wasn't a punching bag around. I hoped Daniel stepped back because I knew once I got wrapped up in myself I would hurt anyone. I took a deep breath and when I opened my eyes everything was blurry. The man's men stood behind him, their fear clear in their eyes. I jumped and with quiet movements I whipped the man with the chain as hard as I could. He fell to the floor with a cry of pain. I faced the crowd and went through them one by one. Soon I was standing in a pool of blood. When I opened my eyes again I could see clearly. I looked to Daniel who was staring at me. I dropped the chain and walked over to him. I help him up the ladder and we slowly made our way out of the forest.

When we found the hotel too many people were staring at us. I opened the door and Daniel followed. I looked to the bathroom. He needed the shower more but I was covered in who knows how many people's blood. I walked into the bathroom and once again Daniel followed silently. I helped him take off his shirt. I didn't know what I was doing but I was still high off my anger earlier, I wasn't thinking straight but at the same time I knew exactly what I was doing. I turned on the shower, making sure it was hot, and then I stripped down. Daniel was looking at the floor, his cheeks aflame. He undressed slowly as well and we both climbed into the shower. I hung onto him and we cried. We cried. We cried together until the water turned cold. And when we laid down, still wet from the shower, I felt hollow, but at the same time I felt so whole.

I wasn't empty when he was here.

I wasn't evil when he was here.