Chapter Three

"M-me?" I stuttered.

"Yeah, I told you about me, It's your turn," he said wiping tears from under his eyes.

I knew my eyes were wide, I couldn't his past wasn't nearly as bad as mine. "Maybe another time," I said nervously.

His eyes narrowed. "But that's not fair," he pouted.

"Could I make it up another way?" I laughed.

He thought a moment. "Yeah," he said.

I flinched, bad decision. "You should go to the Halloween dance with me in October," he smiled.

Dance? Oh god, no I can't dance. He saw the fear in my eyes and laughed. "If you want instead of the dance we could go trick or treating," he smiled.

"Fine, fine, whatever," I said looking away.

I looked at the time and groaned. It was already nine. "C'mon, I got to get home," I sighed.

Just then my phone rang. I answered to Adam yelling. "Where are you!?" he asked worried.

"I'm fine, i'm at a cafe with Daniel."

Silence. "Daniel!" he screeched.

I pulled the phone away from my ear. "You guys are a thing aren't you!" he yelled.

"God no! Would you shut the hell up?" I groaned.

Silence. "Get yo ass home!" he laughed.

I sighed. "Be there soon," and I hung up.

"Adam?" Daniel asked.

"Adam," I laughed.

Daniel and I threw away our coffees and left. We walked silently towards my house. "So do you work out every Wednesday?" he asked as we walked.

I nodded. "Usually."

"If I start street fighting again, you should come," he smiled.

I smiled back. We talked about random things and random people. We split up at a cross walk and we hugged goodbye. We hugged. I was smiling when I walked into Adam's house. "You in trouble," Adam said with his arms crossed.

I just laughed and went upstairs. Adam seemed to let it go once he saw how happy I was. Why was I so happy? I went to bed happily, thinking of Daniel.

When I woke up the next morning my heart was hammering. Daniel my thoughts whispered. What was wrong with me? I dressed into my uniform and brushed my hair. I found Adam outside. "Look at my new baby!" he screeched.

He was standing by a bug car. My eyes squinted and he frowned. "Just get your butt in the car, we'll be late.

Unlike Adam I wasn't a complete drama queen. We got there at 6:30. 6:30. I groaned and passed Adam and headed to my locker. Daniel wasn't at his locker and I frowned. I instead passed my locker, heading back down and outside. I saw the familiar group of boys, Daniel pinned against a tree. He didn't look even the slightest afraid, but he made no effort to stop the blonde kid from smashing his face. His nose was running and his lip split. I crossed my arms a yard away. They didn't notice I was there, but Daniel did. I didn't stop the next hit and I tried not to flinch. I put a hand out as a gesture, Show me and them what you got.

He noticed and looked at the blonde kid. His fist reached back and the blonde kid went flying. The others closed in on him, only one of them noticing me. But Daniel was quick, as quick as me... almost. His fist reached out and punched the brunette kid and then his elbow went back clipping the other kid in the jaw. The last kid who showed defeat yesterday was already stalking off. "You're not bad," I said and saw the blonde watched me through squinted eyes.

"But you could do better," I said looking over the other kids.

I kneeled by the blonde kid and put my hand in his hair. I got a fistful and pulled his face towards mine. "As I train Daniel here, unless you want to be his punching bag I'd lay off for awhile," I said with a flat voice.

I chucked his head away and Daniel and I went back to the school. "Train?" he asked as we walked inside.

"Train, you'll be coming with me on Wednesdays, and on Saturdays you'll come over to my place," I said simply.

He stopped to study me. I looked back at him, my face blank. "Emotionless," he said simply.

I flinched, but why? I merely looked back ahead and walked on. Daniel followed and it was like that throughout the day, following in a comfortable silence. In homeroom I looked over Daniel's homework through the corner of my eye. He was doodling on the corner of the page and I didn't know if I was seeing things or not, but the girl looked like me standing in the rain and him walking up to me on the other corner. "He's like her little pet, it's kind of disappointing," someone whispered.

I looked up to see a brunette girl with a round face whisper to another. She sat so you could see up her skirt and I blinked. The group of girls were staring at Daniel. "I hear she kicked Jordan's ass to stop him from beating up Daniel," one girl shrugged.

"No way!" the brunette smirked at me.

I looked down but back at Daniel. "He's so pathetic, I bet he'd do anything for her attention," the brunette giggled.

The other girls giggled along with her. Daniel tensed and held his pencil tightly. I took my pencil and got up. I sharpened it to the sharpest point and sat back down. I aimed the pencil and threw it. It landed between her thighs and she squealed. Everyone in the classroom turned to her. She glared daggers at me and I smirked, continuing with my homework. Conversation struck up again and I went over to Daniel. I sat on his desk and my skirt covered some of his paper. He looked up at me confused. I took his pencil and leaned to draw on the paper. He blushed as me and mostly my chest got in his face. I drew sketchy hearts by the girl, up by her head. I dropped the pencil and went over and grabbed my bag. The bell rang then, and I left the classroom.