Twenty.

If there's no you.

Joe.

Many things were going through my mind as I followed the paramedics to the operating room. "Sir, you can't come in." one of them stopped me.

"I'm a CNA," I showed them my badge, "And that's my patient." they just laughed at me. "You're not the doctor,so you're not allowed. You have to wait like her parents." they went through the doors.

I groaned as I turned my body around and went to the waiting room. I found her parents. "I saw Demi on the tranny,what happened?! They won't let me in since I'm not a doctor."

"She fell down in the shower...and she wasn't responsive..Her pulse was low too. I'm worried." I sat next to her so I could comfort her. "She's in good hands right now. I'm sure she'll be okay." I told myself that too. I tried not to think negative,but I can't really think positive or I would go crazy if something happened.

"Just be positive,okay?" I got up from my seat, "I have to get back to work."

"I'll let you know if anything happens. Thanks,Joe." Dianna got up and hugged me.

I hugged back and then I went back to work. I tried to not think of Demi throughout the day,but it was hard working with patients and trying to keep your mind off of your girlfriend that was being operated on.

My shift finally ended around 7. As I was walking to my car, Dianna ran after me. "Dr. Jonas.." she was out of breath. I turned around, "Hey..What's wrong? Is she okay?"

She nodded my head, "She wants to see you..I've been trying to get you earlier today,but I guess the page didn't go through."

"Let me put these items in my car and I'll go see her." I was glad that Demi is awake. I unlocked my car and I put all my papers in the backseat,then I followed Dianna to Demi's room.

Her face lit up a little when I walked into the room. "Hey Demi." I wanted to kiss her and call her baby, but that would give away our cover. "Hey.." she looked weak and fragile. I shut the room door behind me, "So did they find out what went wrong?.."

"Do you want to tell him,Demi or should I?"

"Tell him,mommy." Demi snuggled up against her blanket. Dianna took a deep breath,I was worried what she was going to tell me. "The cancer spread throughout her body...The scanner lit up like a big ol' Christmas tree.I looked over at Demi,I felt bad for her. I'm going to lose her. No, Joe, you can't think like that. You have to be positive. "Joe,Demi wants to know if you can go to our house and get her journal?"

I looked at Demi and nodded, "Yeah,sure." I took Dianna's keys and left.

I came back with her journal,then I went home since I couldn't stay with her and her mother spent the night with her. I texted her when I got home.

The next few days,Demi was still in the hospital and I went to have lunch with her on my break. It was the time that I only got time with her by myself. "I love you,beautiful." I pecked her lips.

"I love you too. So much!" she gave me me a wide smile.

That afternoon,Demi died  the next morning. It was a surprise death. Just a few days after the cancer spread,it took over. It killed her. I went to her room as I was greeted with her parents and her doctor.

"Dr. Jonas.." he gave me this stern look. I swallowed a big lump in my throat, "Yes,doctor?"

"So Dianna went through Demi's journal...and Demi talks about having an amazing boyfriend,Joe Jonas. Is this Joe Jonas you? If so,I'm afraid I have to fire you and take away your license."

I looked at them both,he was more mad then Dianna. Dianna wasn't showing any emotion. Should I tell them? Eh fuck it.

"You know what? I sure was dating my patient," I took off my nametag and threw it, "Take away everything, I don't care! I didn't want to become a doctor anyways! I became one for my sister so I could save lives, but obviously I can't save shit. I tried to not show any emotion since the day she was brought in,but I guess I can now."

"I lost her. She was such a fun enjoyable girl. I was lucky to spend my time with her. She knows how to make anyone laugh even when she smiles. God,she lights up my world when she smiles. She's probably lighting up heaven right now! Cancer is a piece of shit. I lost my sister and my girlfriend,my best friend, my partner in crime to cancer! I tried everything to bring a smile to Demi's face. I even shaved my fucking head for her."

The doctor just gave me a pat on the back and walked out. Dianna came up and gave me a hug. "I loved her,Dianna..." I kissed the top of her head,looking at the empty bed that Demi was in.

I saw her journal on the bed. "Can..I see her journal?"

"Yeah,you'll like it."  Dianna wiped her eyes. I took her notebook and went to the hallway bench to read.

Some of the first pages were lyrics. The song she sang to me on our Europe trip, then there was a song about her biological father,then there was another song.

"We can't stop the world, but there's so much more that we could do. You can't stop this girl from falling more in love with you." I read the lyrics.

I flipped through the pages.

"May 13,I have lost my virginity! I wasn't really planning on losing it yesterday on Joe's birthday,but I did and I feel more closer to Joe now. We said 'I love you' during sex (oh my god,that sounds weird) but I don't know if it means anything.. I'm kind of scared that it didn't and it was just lust. I think I love him.  He is so handsome! Fully clothed and fully naked! At first, I wouldn't think he could fit,but his thing...actually did! I'm in so much pain in my legs,but it's manageable!  Last night was unforgettable! He's my prince charming, definitely after last night. He promised me he wouldn't hurt me. I'm so happy! I have never been this happy. -Demi." I chuckled while reading.

"May 15,God, I love him! He's perfect.-Demi"

"May 23,Is it possible to love a guy this much? He makes me happy. I'm the happiest when I with him. I feel like I can beat cancer with him!-Demi"

"June 1,He deserves someone better. Someone that can give him a family.-Demi."

"June,Take that back, he's mine. He shaved his head with me.. God,I love you right now." I chuckled.

All the entries were mostly about me and I wanted to keep this journal for a reminder.

I went to the recent page.

"God, I hate to say this,but I just discovered that my cancer spread through my body. I'm going to die. I'm going to lose Joe,my Joe. Joe- If you ever read this (it will be embarrassing) I want you to know that I love you and I want you to find something that loves you no matter what. You were the best thing that happened to me. I wish I could kiss you forever." I started getting teary-eyed. I went to the end of the journal and she had her funeral planned out. From the outfit and wig she wants to be in,to the flowers and to the music. I rushed over to her mom.

"Let me plan her funeral,please. I know what she wants." her mom nodded her head yes.

The funeral was all she wanted it to be and more. Nick came with me and it was perfect. I did her justice. I even sang a song I wrote for her called, Hello Beautiful.

6 years later, I moved to New York City to get a job as a songwriter. I gave some of Demi's songs away,since she told me to. I didn't give away all of them.

I go back to Texa every June 25 to Demi's grave with her mother to remember her.

I'm also married to a beautiful girl named,Miranda after 3 years of dating. We had our beautiful daughter while dating and we named her, Sophia after my sister.

We recently had another daughter and we named her Demetria.  

I will never forget you,Demi.

The end.

I know, I know, I killed Demi again. I was thinking about making Joe be the patient when I first thought of this story,but I kind of felt weird that Demi would be the doctor and acted like Joe did in this story. Hate me if you want lol. Hope you liked this story!! xx Chloe.