Seventeen.

Shave team.

Joe.

I went home after Demi and I hung up for a good few hours at the park. I walked inside my house.

“How was the date?” Nick looked up from his playboy, “It went...good.” I put my coat on the hanger, “Why are your lips red? You’ve been kissing?” Nick smirked, I rolled my eyes. “I’m 21. I’m old enough to kiss girls.” I rolled my eyes.

“And your neck is red? Damn,dude. You say I move fast.”

“She’s a good kisser..I need to talk to you. Man to man, or brother to brother.” I sat next to him. “Can this wait until I finish this playboy?”

“No,this is more important than looking at such a rude magazine.” I took the magazine from him and threw it, “What’s going on?” he glared.

“Listen..I’m very thankful that you are letting me stay here with you..and I have enjoyed it,” I cleared my throat, “but I think it’s time to close that chapter.”

Nick turned his body towards me, “And start a new chapter by living on the streets?” Nick chuckled, “I want to live by myself..” I sighed.

Nick’s mouth drop. “You wanna move out? Why? What did I do?”

I sighed, “You didn’t do anything.”

“I’m getting older and you are too. I think it’s time to branch out..” I fixed my hair. “Is it because you have a girlfriend now and you’re afraid I would hear you guys have sex? I don’t care.” I chuckled a little.

“I’m not afraid of that. God.” I rolled my eyes.

“So you really want to move out?” Nick looked at me with sad eyes, I nodded my head. “Yeah, I do.”

“Okay..I’ll miss you bro.” he gave me a hug. “I’ll miss you too. I’m going to bed now.. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” I got up and headed to my bedroom. I shut the door so I could facetime Demi before bed.

The next day the doctor told me about Demi’s MRI and it wasn’t good results. The tumor grew and become a huge cancer cell. So we looked at her PET scan, it lit up like a Christmas tree. We knew Radiation therapy wouldn’t work…

Demi and her mother got here so we could break the news. The doctor wanted me to tell them the news, but I couldn’t bare to do it. When the doctor told the news, I kept my focus on the floor.

“We have decided that radiation would work on this big cancer cell...so Dr. Jonas and I have decided to have her start Chemo..”

I looked over at Demi and her face was just as upset as I was,maybe worse.

“When would you like to start Chemo? I would recommend soon.”

Demi couldn’t speak. She looked over at her mom. “When do you recommended for

Demi to start Chemo?” Her mom talked to her.

“Today’s Tuesday..I would recommend it to be 4-5 days so preferably Friday.” the doctor nodded his head.

We planned to start Chemo this Friday. I felt terrible. It gave me flashbacks about my sister.

I tried to work hard rest of the day and not think about Demi,but that wa tough. I texted her when I was leaving work to tell her I’m coming over.  I ran by the story to get her a stuff animal.

“She’s in her bedroom.” my mom grinned at me, “Thanks.” I headed upstairs to her bedroom. She wasn’t there. I heard an electric razor going in the near by restroom. Dallas was out with Madison,so I knew it had to be Demi.

“Demi.” I knocked on the door.

“Go away,please.” It sounded like she was crying. I knew I had to go in here. I pushed the door open with all my weight and found her with a razor in her hand. One side of her head was shaved, her black hair was all over the sink and floor. I couldn’t help but to have my mouth open.

“I told you to go away! You won’t like me now!” she cried even more. I shut the door. Her beautiful hair was almost gone. “What in the world are you doing!?”

“I’m shaving my head.” she looked at herself in the mirror.

“I see,but why!? I crossed my arms. “I’m helping Chemo out. I’m going to lose it anyways.” she sighed.

“Demi..” I tried to snatch the razor from her.

“Joe,please.. let me do this… I know you won’t like it..Leave me..I’ll understand..I’m doing this for me.” she gave me a look, I sighed. “Can I see the razor for a second?”

“Sure..” she placed it in my hands.

I looked at myself in the mirror and I ran the razor through my hair.

“What are you doing?!” her mouth dropped. “What? You didn’t think I’d let you be the only bald headed one? I’ll finish you after I’m done. Now let me concentrate.” I smiled at her reflection.

I pecked her lips quickly before I shaved my head.