Fifteen.

Glad to be Home.

 Demi.

After two weeks of traveling the world,I was aching to be back home in Texas. I held Joe’s hand as we went down the escalator in the airport, “You nervous?” he laid his lips on my forehead, “No..I’m glad to be home..” I let go of his hand I saw my parent’s feet as we got closer.

“We’re not telling them?” he glanced at me, “Not yet..I’ll tell them… I have to know if it’s okay to date your doctor..” he nodded his head, he put his mouth close to my ear and whispered, “Well, I had a fun time with you these two weeks,Miss Lovato.”

I grinned, “Same here.”

“DEMI!” My mom and Dallas jumped up and down, “Hey mom! Hey Dallas.” I hugged them, “We missed you!” my mom kissed my forehead, “Hey Dianna,hey Dallas.”

“Did you guys have a good time?”

“We had a great time!” I smiled at Joe and he winked at me, “Do you need a ride home,Joe?” my mom offered him, I looked at him,smiling, “Oh no, my brother should be here.”

“Okay, you should go and find them. Thank you for bringing my daughter back safe and sound.” My mom grinned, “No problem. I enjoyed her company. I’ll see you guys Friday.” he waved at us goodbye then he walked off. I already miss him.

Joe.

I miss her already and normally I would get tired of a girl after spending two weeks with them,but Demi is different.

“Joseph!!” Nick yelled,smiling, “Big brother!” I hugged him, “I missed you bro.” he patted my back, “Same,but I know you didn’t miss me that much, you probably had that bitch over every night.” I went and got my luggage, “The bitch and I broke up a few days ago.” we headed to his car.

“Uh oh. What happened now?” I threw my luggage in the car and got in, “Another guy. What else is new.” he chuckled, “I’m just glad to have my best friend back.” he drove home, “Any hot ladies in Europe? What was your favorite place to visit?”

“Well..I enjoyed going to Venice..It’s pretty neat.” I licked my lips, “Bro,Demi and I got together...We’re together.” Nick coughed, “What?!”

“I’m dating Demi…” I looked out the window, “Dude,I’m a police officer and I can tell you it’s illegal for a doctor to date their patient.”

“But I’m not a doctor yet..I’m a CNA.” I looked at him, “Doesn’t matter, she is still your patient, you’re still caring for her. It’s illegal,Joe. You could lose your job and licenses,Joe. It’s bad shit,Joe.” I laid my head back thinking.

“You’re just a stupid police officer, what do you know?” I crossed my arms.

“It’s in the book I had to stupid, I’m not doing this to make you depressed, I just know you worked hard and I don’t want you to lose your job.”

I sighed, “You can date her a couple of years after the treatment is terminated.”

I looked at him, “Who know if she be living..” I sighed, I looked at my phone,

“I miss you already!” Demi texted me,but I just ignored it,which took everything in me not to reply, “This is worse than Romeo and Juliet.” I sighed.

“I’m sorry,brother..” I kept quietly.

We got home, “Hey want some beer now that you’re 21?” he got out, “I’m going to unpack..” I carried my luggage to my room, I shut the door and started unpacking my things, putting some clothes I didn’t wear up in the closet, my phone buzzed again.

“Joe,you okay?” Demi texted again and I ignored it.

I finished packing and I needed to visit somebody. I grabbed my keys, “Nick, I’m going out for a bit. I’ll be back later.” I got in my car and drove to the store to buy pink roses. I then headed to the cemetery.

I went to my sister’s gravestone, “Hey sis…” I placed the roses on her stone, “I know it’s been a good 11 years old and the last time I visited you was 3 months ago..but I just needed somebody to you..” I sat down next to her stone, “It fucking sucks that you’re gone. We were so close..Closer than I am with our brothers. I can’t believe you’ll be 18 next month.”

I sighed, “I’m still a CNA at your hospital..I’m thinking about going back to school next fall and become a doctor..” I fiddled with my fingers, “I met this girl at the hospital...She’s one of my patients actually..”

Demi started calling me, I groaned and turned my phone off totally.

“She has cancer like you did...and..I took her on a two week trip around the world..and we began dating,but we came back today and I learned it’s illegal to date your patient..I don’t know what to do Sophia..I think I love her..”

I sighed, “But I can’t risk losing my job for her...I want to make a difference in people’s life,Soph. I want to help and heal people.” I sighed.

“I wish you could tell me what to do..because even at 7 years old,you were smarter than me.”

Demi.

“He’s not answering me,Dal.”  I sat on my bed, “Give him space,sheesh. You have been with him for 2 weeks. He’s probably hanging with friends.” Dallas walked out of my room, “I hope..” I whispered. Things began to race my mind.

Was I bad in bed and now he has the chance to run away? Maybe I’m a bad kisser because I have never kissed a boy before. My mind got filled with ideas on why he’s not answering me, it began to play with my head.

I tried calling again,but no answer.