Nineteen.

[Makeover with a twist.]

Joe.

I woke up before Demi, so I decided to get up and make us some breakfast. I dig out a pan and started making some scramble eggs and some bacon.

I felt some hands wrapping around my waist, I turned my head and there she was. "Good morning,beautiful." I pecked the top of her head.

"I'm not beautiful." she pulled away, I turned around.

"Demi,you are beautiful." she sat on her counter. "I'm sick. I know you keep telling me that I'm beautiful...but I can't believe it. I have no hair. I look sickly."

"Well you are the one that shaved your head." I chuckled.

"Because I knew I would lose my hair anyways..I'm just a pain in the ass,aren't I?" She looked down at her lap. I took her hands, "Yeah, but you're my pain in the ass. I love you for it." I kissed her mouth.

"I had a good time last night. You're amazing,Demi." I went back to cooking.

After breakfast, we just chilled at my pad. It was Sunday so I didn't have work and she didn't have school.  

I went to the bathroom and locked the door. I called an old family friend.

"Hey Trisha..It's Joe." I sat on the edge of the bathtub. "Hey Joe! How is everyone?!"

"Everyone is doing great. Mom and dad are finally child-free,Nick made it into law enforcement and I'm a CNA at a hospital."

"How's that going for you? Met any girls?"

"It's been going great, I'm actually going back to school soon so I can get a higher position. There is a girl...this is why I actually called you about."

"Ooh,how may I help you?"

"So I have this girlfriend...and she is so beautiful...but she doesn't see it. I want you to give her one of your best makeovers for her.."

"Aw..I would be glad to do it! When do you want it done?"

I sighed,thinking, "I really want it done today, I know you live on the other side of Dallas,but I have work tomorrow."

"Okay,just give me an hour and 30 minutes." I jumped up. "Thank you,Trisha! Oh,by the way, I need you to bring a couple wigs...um...she has cancer.."

"Okay,See you a few!" she hung up and I left the bathroom.

"So I called my mom,telling her that we have lost a track of time and decided to stay the night. So we're good." she hugged me,leaving her hands around me.

"Awesome..I figured we would just have a chill day and just chill here. What you say? Pool? Gym?"

"I would say pool,but I don't have any swimwear.."

"Really? You think that,Lovato? Hm, then what's this?" I pulled away and went to an unpacked box and pulled out a black bathing suit. "Where the hell did you get that?"

I chuckled and just shrugged my shoulders, "Don't ask questions. Just put it on." I threw it at her.

Moments later,Demi walked out in a black one piece that was cut on the sides. "Breath taking,absolutely breath taking." I took her hand and we went to the pool.

"I'm nervous.." Demi put her towel in a chair. "Don't be nervous. If anyone says anything, they'll deal with me." I took off my shirt.

Demi took a deep breath and took off her pink wig she had on last night. I gave her a reassuring smile, "Let's dip in, it's burning hot out here." I led the way.

"Holy sh-" I turned around and saw her mouth covered.

"What?"

"I scratched up your back last night...I'm so sorry." I look down at the concrete and chuckled. "It's fine,Demi. I don't even feel anything."

I took her hand and jumped into the pool with her. "It's freezing!" she squealed.

"Stop being a pussy." I joked,splashing her. "Hey!" she splashed back laughing. I went underwater,picked her up by her legs and threw her over my shoulder. "JOSEPH!" she kept laughing.

"That's my name." I put her down and looked her in the eyes. She was such a beautiful girl. I cupped her face, "I'm such a lucky guy." I kissed her mouth,letting it linger for a while. She laid her hands on my biceps as our kiss got longer.

We stayed at the pool for an hour,then we went back to my apartment to dry and clean off. I let Demi wear a pair of my clothes.

Trisha got here right on time. "Trisha,meet my girlfriend,Demi. Demi,meet a family friend,Trisha."

"Hey..it's nice to meet you." Demi shook her hand confused.

"You too. I'm a hair designer and a makeup artist and Joe called me to help you feel beautiful. So where should we do it at?"

I led her to stool and counter.

I watched Trisha do her magic.  She was making Demi look like a princess,even though she was already my princess. Trisha gave her a long blonde wig and she was doing her eye makeup.

"You look amazing as a blonde,baby." I kissed her knuckles.

"Maybe once I fight cancer and my hair grows back, I'll dye it blonde." she gave me a wink with the eye that Trisha wasn't working on.

"You guys are cute. So let me guess,Joe... You shaved your head,because of this girl,right?" Trisha turned her head to look at me.

I looked over at Demi and nodded my head, "Sure did."

"You were always the sweet one,Joe. Don't tell your brothers. You look great."

Trisha finally finished Demi's makeover and Demi loved it. "Thank you so much,Trisha. I look amazing." she smacked her lips. "It was fun! You're welcome."

I invited Trisha to dinner to thank her for what she did. She left after dinner and Demi went back to the apartment to watch a movie. Demi stayed in her wig and make up.

We finished the movie and we were about to head to bed. I grabbed her hand and pulled her back, "I'm sorry but you are such a turn on as a blonde.."

She giggled and stood on her tippy toes to whisper in my ear, "Have you ever had sex with a blonde?" I grinned and shook my head no.

"Well,do you want to?"

I threw her over my shoulder, "Hell yeah!" I carried her to my bedroom.

The next day,the work week has started and each day it seemed like it got worse. I had to stay late doing paper,so I didn't have time to drive by Demi's. We did talk over the phone while I was working, but it was short and quick.

It was Thursday and this day was probably the worse busiest day ever. I was in a patients room.

"Mr. Frederick, you have to eat." I put my clipboard down. He rolled his eyes, "I'm 78 years old. Just let me die,Doctor."

"Now,sir...I know you won't like that and I'm sure your family wouldn't like that." I got his spoon and scooped up some Mac and Cheese.

"This hospital food is shit anyways! Get the shit away from me!" he smacked the spoon away from him.

"Yeah,you're right. This food is shit, but you haven't had their Mac and Cheese. It's hella good," I handed him his spoon. "Now try it."

He sighed and took the spoon away from me and slowly took a bite. I turned my head towards the doorway and saw paramedics pushing someone on the stretcher. I looked closer and it looked like Demi.

I felt my heart stop. I couldn't concentrate on Mr. Frederick anymore. "Mr.Frederick, I'll be right back.. When I come back, that Mac and cheese better be gone." I ran out and followed the paramedics.