Short Sad Story :(

Not all physical material should matter, at least not more than your own son. Think about it, you won't be able to take every material that you love once you die. Like money, video games, or even your car collection.

So what happens when a 4 year old does something he wasn't supposed to? Well this is what happened to a 4 year old named, Henry.

Henry's dad loved his car collection. It was his life, his love, his everything. Henry was only four. People should know that little kids don't always understand the rules, that's why you should be patient with a kid. Henry's dad had his car collection in the living room on multiple shelfs in the room.

One day, Henry's dad was cleaning his cars one by one, putting them in the side table. They are usually out of reach of children but since Henry was not home and they were being cleaned then he had no problem with the cars being close to the ground.

Unfortunately, Henry got home earlier than usual. The next door lady always took him to school and back. Henry's mom had died giving birth to him. Either way, Henry had always wanted to play with the small cars. He is a child after all. And what do children like to do? Play with toys.

But for Henry's dad, they weren't toys, they were treasures. As Henry saw that the cars were finally in his reach, he ran towards them with a big fat smile. "Ooohhh can I play with them?" He asked his dad. That smile Henry had soon was gone.

"NO! These here-" his dad pointed to his car collection. "Aren't toys! You hear me. Don't even touch them." He screamed at his 4 year old son.

Henry soon had tears on his eyes. He was just a kid that wanted to play with toys. Something he hardly did. He ran out of the room and went to his room. He had been crying silently in his bed that he hadn't realized he had fallen asleep.

When he woke up his eyes were puffy from all the crying. He couldn't even remember why he had even cried. He was thirsty so he decided to go to the kitchen for something to drink. On his way there he passed the living room where there stood the cars still on the floor but with no dad to be seen. Henry forgot about the earlier warning his dad had made him and ran towards them. He was so excited to finally be able to play with them that he didn't notice he had stepped on a car.

He heard something crack under his foot but paid no mind to it and grabbed dad's favorite, which was a red shiny car that he had gotten on his 10th birthday. Henry was so excited to be having a car in his small hands that he hadn't noticed his dad coming back to the room.

When Henry's dad saw Henry playing with his precious red car he was furious, but what got him even more angry was noticing his brocken car on the ground. He lost it there, "I TOLD YOU TO NOT TOUCH MY CARS!!! WHY CAN'T YOU EVER LISTEN TO ME FOR ONCE!" He screamed at Henry.

Henry's dad grabbed a cable from close by. Yes, people you heard right, a cable instead of a belt. Then harshly grabbed both of Henry's hands. "THIS SHOULD TEACH YOU TO LISTEN TO ME BETTER!" He started hitting Henry's small hands with the cable. Henry tried and tried to free his hands and cried to his father, screaming, pleading him to stop.

You want to know the sad part? Well, brace yourself. Henry's dad didn't stop not even when Henry's small hands turned purple maybe even black. Henry's eyes were red, he hadn't stopped crying, not even stopped screaming. He was pleading his dad to stop, he couldn't even feel his small hands anymore. Henry's dad was still furious he loved his cars more than his life. I guess you can tell that now. He wasn't going to stop anytime soon.

Thank God the next door lady had heard Henry's screams. She ran as fast as she could once she heard where they were coming from. "Stop! What in the loving God do you think you are doing to this poor child?" The lady asked. As she saw that Henry's father hadn't even stooped hitting Henry's hands with the cable, she went over to them and stopped it her self.

"God will punish you for this" the lady told Henry's father as he carried Henry to her car to take him to the hospital after seeing his hands. She still couldn't believe what had happened. Henry still hadn't stopped crying. It hurt badly but now he couldn't feel them at all, and that scared him. "I can't feel them! I can't feel them!" He screamed over and over again. This made the lady cry, soon tears were running down her cheek. No one deserved what Henry had just gone through, no matter how bad they've been, not even a 4 year old.

They got to the hospital and there was no time wasted as they saw that Henry wasn't even crying anymore, they didn't had to wait. They took Henry to the operating room. The lady couldn't go in there, so she paced back and forth as she waited for the results of Henry. Hours passed and the doctor finally came out. The lady couldn't help to notice the depressed look on the doctors face.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but we had to impute Henry's hands. They had lost blood circulation and we weren't able to save them. Henry no longer has hands." The doctor informed the lady. The lady broke down, she sobbed loudly not able to hold it in. The lady was given permission to see Henry.

Henry was in a deep sleep, when she entered the room he was in. He had no idea what was waiting for him once he woke up. Hours later he woke up hungry. The lady went to get him food. When she came back she pulled the tray close to him. Henry was getting ready to use his hands to eat. He lifted them up and right away he noticed they were wrapped in bandages. He got scared, he couldn't feel his hands. He tried to move his fingers and saw that nothing moved. The lady noticed this and began to sob again. This was just too much for her. But she was determined to stand by his side throughout his whole pain.

"Why can't I feel my hands? Why do my hands look like this?" Henry asked, still looking at his hands but at his second question he looked up at her. He saw that she was crying and had red eyes. That sight scared him more and tears flowed freely from his eyes and down his cheek.

"Your hands were badly hurt they had to take them away honey." She tried to explain. "You're too young to understand now but soon you will."

"Did my dad do this?" Henry asked. The lady just nodded not able to form words. He was just 4 years old but he understood well for his age. "I want to see him." Henry requested.

"Are you sure?" The lady asked shocked. Henry just nodded, tears still flowing freely. "Ill go get him then." She got up and went to look for Henry's father.

Half an hour later Henry's father arrived. He went to Henry's room...and what he saw made him feel like a monster. When he saw Henry laying there in the hospital bed he got tears on his eyes. Henry looked up at his dad with a faint smile but with tears on his eyes.

"I learned my lesson daddy. I promise, I'll never do it again, I learned my lesson...But please... give me my hands back." Henry pleaded to his dad with cracked voice at the end. Henry's father couldn't stand it anymore and left the room crying. He arrived home and killed himself. He just couldn't live knowing he had taken away his 4 year old son's hands and that he wouldn't be able to give them back.

And all for what? For some stupid material. So why care so much for material things, when you can hurt people because of it and won't be able to take them with you once you die? Not one single kid should go through what Henry has gone through. There are people like Henry's dad in the world. But we don't know why they do the stuff they do. I just know that Henry was a 4 year old, a young smart little kid, that just wanted to play with toys. But instead of playing with toys, what does he get? He gets his hands cut off. Is it worth it? Really?

This was the story of Henry.

-----------------------------------------------

This is a real life story people. I'm not even kidding. It's a short story and really sad. If you feel anything for Henry's hands, please make sure it doesn't happen to another innocent and try to help them. Just wanted to share it with you people.