chapter twenty-nine

PARIS, FRANCE

"you did not." i placed my wine glass down on the table and fanned my eyes. "stop it ant, i'm going to cry." i tapped the inner corners of my eyes as antonela laughed to herself.

"what else was i supposed to do?" she cackled, making me laugh harder. "if only people knew what he was really like.. oh god." she wiped the tears from her cheeks.

i took a deep breath and a sip of my wine. i shook my head as we both stopped laughing, pouring another glass of wine, "you two shouldn't be allowed to be together. a disaster."

she chuckled and nodded. "very true.. so i heard you and neymar are going to brazil?" she raised her eyebrow at me and i nodded.

"maybe yes, maybe no." i leant back on the couch, hearing faint voices outside. "we say their names and they appear."

she smiled and placed her glass down, leaning back into the couch. "like beetlejuice." she snapped her fingers and i blankly stared at her.

"mhm. sure." i ran a hand through my hair, watching the door swing open, watching the two men skip over to us. "i'll never be able to un-see this."

neymar smiled and pecked my lips, giving antonela a side hug. leo pushed me over to the other side of the couch, wrapping his arms around his wife. "i thought you weren't drinking tonight?"

"it's wine leo. it doesn't count." his wife told him, neymar chuckled softly, sitting on the edge of the couch. "anyways.. these two have a flight to catch in the morning. we should go."

neymar nodded, looking down at our friend who was pulling one of the pillows from the case. "por qué?" neymar sighed, watching him as he folded it up and put it in his pocket.
(why?)

"adiós!" he waved, pulling his wife's arm as she apologised trying to steady herself. me and neymar looked at each other and started laughing.
(bye!)

"he's such a strange little man isn't he?" i rested my head on his thigh as he nodded. we both sat their for a second staring at the naked pillow.

"noelle?" he called out my name, i looked up at him to be met with his eyes. "do you wanna do it in the pool?" i stared at him before shrugging.

"why not?" he immediately lifted me up of the couch and i laughed as he tried to kick open the slide door. "you're so lucky you're good at football baby." i tapped his cheek playfully.

i turned over on the pillow to be met with another. i around and looked around the room, "neymar?" i called out, sitting up of the bed. "ney?" i sang out, stepping out of the bed and opening the door.

"noelle!" rafaella rushed towards me, wrapping her arms around me. i chuckled softly, hugging her back. "you look like this after just waking up? i hate you." she pushed my face away, walking back over to the table.

"did you fly from brazil to fly back to brazil?" i asked, she laughed and shook her head.

"no, i've been in spain for the last month, where's neymar?"
she asked, taking a bite of her toast. i shrugged and looked around, seeing the empty space where our suitcase were.

"i have no idea.." i pulled my phone out from the hoodie jacket to check my texts.