23

"I leave for, like, two seconds and suddenly you guys are on your way to consummation." Luke sighed dramatically, causing me to nearly choke on my own spit.

Michael and I shared a look before rolling our eyes in sync. Luke was standing in front of us, clearly having seen our kiss moments before.

"You know consummation means sex, right?" Michael asked blankly. "And we just kissed? I'm not sure how fast you move, Luke, but I'm a slow-paced kind of guy."

"I fuck and leave." Luke smirked. "You should take some advice."

"Hey!" I cried out, shooting my best friend a glare. "Do not encourage anything that is derogatory to the female species."

"Sorry." Luke replied drily. "It's not my fault that woman have emotionally scarred me, so now all I know is how to fuck - not make love." He sighed dramatically, covering his heart.

"You're so full of shit." I laughed, throwing a pillow at him. Luke ducked easily before looking behind me.

"I'm going to get some food. C'mon Michael, I can school you in my panty-dropping ways whilst we get some pizza." Luke dragged Michael into a standing position.

"Want anything to eat?" Michael asked me, shooting Luke a weird look but refraining from replying.

"Unlike you, Michael doesn't wear panties so he doesn't need to know how to take them off." I smiled innocently, before turning to Michael. "Some pizza would be good, thanks."

"I meant girls dropping their panties, you little fucker." Luke huffed but I continued to laugh as he dragged Michael over to the food table.

I leant back against the leather fabric of the couch. My eyes scanned the room, landing on Calum, who was casually leaning against the wall. His eyes locked with mine and before I could look away, he cocked his head towards the doors and motioned for me to follow him.

I gave him a weird look but regardless of the sketchiness I followed Calum out into his backyard. He didn't look back to make sure I was following - clearly just assuming my curiosity would win over. He was right.

Sometimes I forgot that we used to be close, that he could tell when I was angry or irritated. He used to know the things that made me click.

Calum stopped at the small set of swings that graced the back of his yard. I tentatively reached out before sitting down. Calum mirrored my actions.

He stared at the numerous party goers who were getting exceptionally drunk around his pool. We were close enough to hear the screams but far enough that they wouldn't hear us.

I waited for Calum to speak but after a few long moments it became apparent that he didn't plan on starting. I cleared my throat and gave him a hard look.

"You know, yeah?" He said, which honestly just confused me more than his silence.