13

TO LUKE:

Where yo at homey-g?

FROM LUKE:

look to ur left

I glanced out the window and frowned. The only thing to my left was an arch of thick woods that led surrounded some creepy playground. It was currently 5 degree's outside and I wasn't interested in Luke's games.

TO LUKE:

I see trees. Great. Where are you?

FROM LUKE:

look again

I let out a frustrated sigh, however, my eyebrows shot up when I saw Luke emerge from the bushes in an all black get-up. The only thing lacking the dark shade was his white headphones.

"What are you doing?" I tried not to laugh as I wound down the window. "You're not a thug, Luke. This is just some simple 'sit in the car and see who Sydney is out with' recon."

"I wanna be a thug." Luke whined, looking at me as if I had just shattered his dreams. "I was pretty keen to do some hard-core break-in and entering. I didn't load up my iPod with Kayne to sit in the car." Luke messed around with his iPod as Michael cracked up beside me.

"Kayne?" I raised my eyebrow before smirking. "Really? Because all I hear is Rihanna."

"Rihanna is for jogging. Shut up, some of us need some motivation and there ain't nothing better than some good old Umbrella." Luke defended himself before opening the back car door and crawling onto the seat.

"What are we doing anyway?" Michael asked, tapping the steering wheel.

I was still a little skittish to drive, which is why Michael had offered. It had been a week since the car accident and Sydney had been discharged from hospital two days ago.

"I think Sydney is meeting up with that mystery guy tonight." I admitted.

"Why do you think that? And why do we care?" Luke's muffled voice flowed through the car.

I turned around and noticed he had a mouthful of chips. I shook my head at his ability to find food anywhere.

"She told me she was hanging out with you and clearly she isn't. She's hiding something and it makes me sick to my stomach that I'm spying on my best friend so can we not talk about it anymore?" I frowned, sinking back against the leather seat.

"Do I have to be the one to point out the déjà vu?" Luke asked quietly from the back. Michael raised his eyebrow and twisted around to look at him.

"I'm extremely worried that spying on Sydney, or spying in general, is something that's familiar with you." He said through breaks of laughter.

"Ask your girlfriend." Luke rolled his eyes. "She's getting the same sense too."

"What?" Michael didn't bother to correct him; he merely glanced at me with confusion. "I don't think I'm understanding this."

I swallowed loudly, having finally caught onto what Luke was hinting at. "I've been on Sydney's end of things..." I trailed off, biting my lip softly as I thought back to that day.

// 8:04AM, THE DAY ASHTON IRWIN WAS MURDERED //

"Baby," Ashton whined into my back, "I don't want to get up for school. Let's just skip today."