Reunited

The burrow is silent and at rest as I creep in. I chuckle at Lil' Maggie's sleeping face when the whole burrow snores away.

"Maggie..."

I turn around, and I know Wild will be there waiting for me.

"Hey Wild," I say happily.

"Hey," He replies, "You said you had one more question, what was it?" 

"Will we ever meet again?" I ask.

"Of course," Wild explains, preening his brown fur. "But you don't know how long it could be. But we will see each other again, I promise." 

I smile, and with a blink of an eye, Wild is gone. Wild has gone back to the wild. I turn back around, and begin shaking each member of the family one by one.

Lil' Maggie will go last.

"Hey Toffee..." I whisper into her ear.

"Whatttt..." She groans. Must be to tired to open her eyes. I just decide to grin, and go and wake someone else up.

"Hey Lola!" I yell cheerfully.

"Wha- MAGGIE OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Lola sobs gleefully. That type of noise wakes Magnus up because he cares for Lola too much.

"LOLA!" Magnus calls, before seeing me and having a look of happiness in his eyes, "Oh Mags! I missed you too much!" He cries and runs to hug me. Iv'e never seen him care for me so much in my life. And I've never had that kind of nickname before, too. Suddenly, before I can even reply, Toffee pounces on top of me.

"Hey Auntie Maggie!" She giggles enthusiastically.

"Hey!" I smile. She jumps up before hitting the floor above her.

"Ow." She falls. I laugh.

Things about me and Wild run around me. Him helping me out from those rats. Him helping me back into the house. The constant calling. The tone of locked sympathy in his voice as he spoke about us seeing each other again. I shake my head side to side because I hear noise.

"M-M-Maggie?" 

I turn around subtly.

Lil' Maggie.

"LIL' MAGGIE!" I beam.

"Sis!" She dives into my arms, and I stroke her head. A wave of happiness rushes over me, and warmth of the blue vivid cage bars makes me grin. "Where we're you?" She asks.

"Out in the wild..." I reply.

"With who?"

"M-My friend! It was so cold out there!" I shiver.

"It's fine now, though," Lola whispers calmly, "You're safe with us! Extra warm bedding for you!"

I love it when Lola makes it feel like she has lived here for years, and remarks: 'I'm going to get some bedding from the top floor' Or 'Come on guys, let's head to the tube for a wee!' Or even 'Let's go to the second floor for some salt'

My home.

I never want to leave.

This is the paradise I want to live in.

If only Wild could be here with me...He is just so cool! 

I shake my head in confusion.

"Maggie!" I hear Lil' Maggie hiss.

"Oh-" I stutter.

"What?" She questions.

"Nothing. Glad I'm back!"