The Wilds Call.

"Maggie..."

"Maggie..."

I sit myself up and glance around. Everyone is sleeping soundly. I scrunch my eyelids shut and try to rest.

"Maggie..."

I frown, and sit up once more. But this time it feels less safe. Amelia's snoring doesn't help, either. I stuff bedding into my tiny pink ears and close my eyes again.

But I hear it more, but louder.

"Maggie..."

Cautiously, I slip out the cozy burrow and into the cold depths of the cage. Suddenly, I feel all the air plunge out of me. But I am breathing fine. I look left and right, noticing the bars on the cage look like jail bars. For some unknown reason, the voice is making my home feel more like a jail. I gnaw on a peice of Amelias brown hair I have stored. I hear creaking sounds from my tube. I run to it- And see that Amelia has left it open. I urge to go out, but I know I have a family that rely on me to keep them safe. I gulp, and let the wild take me into It's clenches.

***

I swing sneakily out of the gap in the tube. Instead of going under Amelia's cabin bed, and under a slap of carpet, I clamber up and onto the cover of the bed. I jolt to Amelia's face, and wave her a last goodbye- even though she's sleeping. I sigh, wave to my vivid bold blue-barred cage, and climb onto the window-sill. Frowning, I open the window and push myself out.

The voices stop, but the wind picks up. I scream in agony as the flowing winds slides me off the outside window-handle. I flip around furiously as the blow tosses me around. Was those calls from thw wild? Was it calling me out? Whatever was happening, I am probably doing to die of dizziness. My vision shakes and blurrs as I get carried away with that Call from the Wild.

My eyes flutter open, and i see some long green blades of grass around me. A soggy annoying dew-drop falls onto my furry head, making it soaking. Exept that it already is soaking. I must have fallen unconsious in some rain-storm. My pink paws are blue ecause they are so cold. I shiver uncontrollably, and sobbing as wet tears drip down my soggy face. 

"Maggie..."

I look up. The wild came to save me!  

"Help me get back inside, Wild!" I whimper loudly.

"Ma-"  It seems the wild was cut off by something. But before I can even move, a massive figure jumps over me.

"What's this?" The massive hamster sniggers. "Another mouse?"

"I'm a hamster! And you're just a bigger version of me!" I yell angrily.

"I'm a rat, actually!" He says with a mock of seriousness.

"Anyway, can you help me get back in that house?" I ask, shivering intesnsely.

"In that house? Ha! Well- There was a kind girl called Amelia who fed me scraps of chicken when I was a baby, but now I have my own babies to feed snd you're the only food here in winter. And the rain is terrible," The rat explains. I gasp. Amelia would feed such runt?

"Stop!" I shriek, "I'm Amelia's pet it would upset her if you ate me!"

"Well she loves my children so get lost," He backfires, "Now you're coming with me"