Oh Thank You- No.

{Maggie POV}

I breathe heavily, and press my pink hands against my racing and pounding heart. Bedding piles on top of my silky white-grey fur as I dig my way to the exit and clamber out of my bed. The shimmering blue bars on the cage look all clean and brand new, before realising it is just my eyes adjusting to the blazing light plastered onto the ceiling. Suddenly, as I am strolling down to my lovely food bowl, a golden coloured baby Syrian hamster jumped at me. 

"Hey Auntie Maggie!" Toffee giggles.

"Hello, Toffee!" I stammer, eyeing my food bowl which is right behind Toffee. I shuffle past her, only to have her follow me to my food. I stuff one lovely plump peanut into my mouth, before shoving it into my pouches. Toffee's pouches are much smaller than mine, but we both have an equal amount of food because I don't store as much in my pouches.

"What ya doin'?" Toffee laughs, preening her golden caramel fur. It glimmers in the light as she licks it, making sure it's perfect. She chuckles as she sees it shines.

"Getting food for Lil' Maggie!" I reply before subtly grabbing another sunflower seed.

"Not that "Lil'" Anymore!" Toffee grins and runs off back to the burrow. A strange shiver runs down my skinny spine. Not little? But it's... I realise I was asleep for 6 days. I gulp, and follow Toffee into the burrow.

***

"Hey guys! I got you all some snacks!" I beam.

"I already got myself some thanks though Auntie Maggie!" Toffee explains. I smile and roll my jet black eyes.

"Mmm, I'd love some!" Mia squeaks. She is much less mature than the rest of them. Mick and Jake swoop past me and take a few for their 'Midnight Snack' 

I politely give some to Mia then Millie.

"Thanks Aunt!" Millie bows her head and runs off after Mia.

Then, out of the cozy shadows of the burrow, Lil' Maggie creeps out. She's so much bigger! And has such innocent and pure eyes! I open my arms out for her to cuddle in to. She leans in, and then smudges herself against me and cuddles my belly.

"I missed you!" I say softly and smile happily down at her.

"I missed you too, Sis! Or should I call you Maggie?" Lil' Maggie replies.

"Just Sis will do. Did you know we are sisters but I am the Auntie to everyone else?" I ask her. A gasp reveals on her face, and then she nods.

"Okie!"

I hand her some plump peanuts and shiny sunflower seeds- my favourites. We share them out then we nibble on the corners. We grin at each others starving faces.

"Maggie-May!" Amelia calls. I decide that my new family needs to be a secret, and for that to work, I need to act normal and calm. 

I jolt out of the burrow and clim the bars of the cage. Amelia scoops me up, and I force a smile at my caring owner. I scurry up her arm and on top of her head. Something brown and silky is on top of her head, and I just can't figure out what it is. Careless of what it is, I know it will be a good bedding. I pull strands of it into my cheek pouches.

"Oi! That's my hair you pulling!" Amelia giggles, grabbing me gently and placing me on her lap. Oh. The brown stuff is hair. I shrug my tiny hamster shoulders, before snuffling her long fingers.

"You want food? Okay then," Amelia reaches into one of the draws in the white cabin bed and pulls out some heart-shaped treats. I take them gladly and clamber into my lovely cage. Amelia shuts the door behind me, and skips out the white-wallpapered room.

"What were you doing with a human Auntie Maggie?" Toffee, who is being cradled by Lola, asks.

"That's my owner, Amelia. Hide in the burrow if you see her," I reply, spewing out some food for her. Toffee nibbles off the side, and stuffs the rest into her pouch. Amelia breaks into the room. As fast as ever, Lola jolts into the burrow with Toffee giggling in her arms. I stare up at my olive-skinned owner. She jumps on her cabin bed and open the blinds and curtains- and walks out the room, and carefully shutting the door.

"Guys," I say. "The suns out, meaning It's night time."

For once, I clamber into the burrow with them, and cuddle up for a rest.