Escape But To Home

"Maggie..."   The Wild calls.

"Be quiet, Wild. You didn't come when I needed you most" I mutter, though half sobbing.

"But I am in your presence now..."   Wild replies.

"Wha-" I wriggle in ropes that the rats tied me  in and wrestle them to turn around. I gawp in awe. A huge, brown hamster towers over me..

"W-Wild???" I question.

"That's me! But I'm in my hamster form," Wild explains.

"Are you a girl?" I ask.

"No. Do you have anymore questions to ask before we escape?" Wild rolls his jet black beady eyes before eyeing me for an answer.

I do. I have tons. But I know I have no time for questions. I was nearly a rats dinner, so I guess we need to get out.

"No..." I look away and shrug my tiny shoulders.

"Right then. Now come on, Maggie!" He says, unties me, and runs to the exit. 

I run to clamber out- but something grabs my light pink foot.

"HAHHAHAHhahAHHHAHHAHHAHhahhhahhahHHA" Calls Oh no- The rat.

"Stay back," I hiss, "I have powers..." And I wink at Wild to beat him up. Wild smiles and winks back at me, before grabbing the rat and chucking him away. 

"Had enough?" I tease, "Or are ya thirsty for more?" 

Wild turns invisible and kicks and punches the rat. Finally, he gives up.

"I give up!" He cringes away from me edging toward him.

"Now," I smile, "Shall we be friends?"

He nods and bows for me.

"I need to go home now, but I'll visit you again with food and drink!!!!!!!" I yell happily and hop onto Wild's fluffy back.

All of the rats wave me a sudden goodbye before Wild flying into the day's skay and back to the soaking window-sill.

"Wild? I have one more question..." I say. But when I turn to say bye, he is already gone. I sigh heavily.

I suddenly notice Amelia crying and sobbing on her easily reecognisable cabin bed. I feel sorry for her, and I know Wild wants me inside because he left me here. I tap and scratch on the window, and wait for her to turn and notice me. She does. She looks sadly at the window before cupping her hand over her mouth and lets go to reveal her trade mark smile. She opens the window and scoops me up, cradling me in her warm arms.

"Oh Maggie-May~" She cries.

"Hi~" I whine. But I know she only hears it as a squeak. She grins happily, and carries on speaking to me.

"You were gone for two days!" She whimperes, "I was worried sick!"

She places me carefully in my cage before screaming at the top of her lungs: "DAD I FOUND MAGGIE!" I know she wants to show me to her dad, so I daren't go to bed. The daylight shines on my fur, slowly drying it out. 

"Really?!?" Her dad and her burst into the room, and I can't help but smile. 

"Hi~" I giggle for once.

"Oh- Maggie! You were outide in the wild? How brave! Please don't worry us so much like that again!" The dad exclaims.

I nod.

"She looks like she's saying yes!" Amelia chuckles happily. Tears still drip fown her tanned face, but I guess it's with happiness now.

"I am saying yes~" I reply.

They both start laughing.

"Maggie!" Amelia says, "Stand!" She offers me a treat and hangs it in the air. I gladly stand up on my hind legs and start trotting around like a human. She grins that lovely smiley grin, and gives me the treat. I know that my family will be hungry, although they have tons of stored food. I clamber back into the cage, and get ready to see my famies reaction...