vinte

——-

Melina and Richie were now official and were on their first public date. They were at a new sushi restaurant and were enjoying eating.

'Richie, that guy is literally filming us.' Melina whispered and pointed a man out. He was filming them, more and more cameras started to appear.

'Melina, let's leave.' Richie said. He quickly paid the bill and grabbed her arms. He walked towards the car and that's when it started.

'Richarlison?! Is this your girlfriend?'

'What happened to the model?'

'She's not your usual type.'

That last one pissed Melina off. Richie covered her with his arm as the flashes attached them like rain. He helped her into the car and sighed sitting down.

'They piss me off.' Melina said, dejected.

'Listen baby, you're all that matters.' Richie said as he leant in and pressed his lips on hers. Although their date had been ruined, Melina felt more happy.

——-

Melina sat in the bathroom, she had tears in her eyes. After their date, tabloids started to post about the relationship. Some were nice, however, some weren't.

Melina wasn't active on social media, but she saw tons of comments.

She's so ugly for him.

She's punching

How did she pull him?

Did that injury cause him to go blind? She's so fat

He could do better

Melina considered herself a tough woman, but when she was being relentlessly bullied online for loving someone, even the toughest can get broken.

'Baby, are you okay?' She heard Richie say.

'Yeah.' Melina replied.

'Open the door now.' Richie said. She sighed as she realised he probably heard her sniffles.

'Richie, i'm fine.' Melina said again.

She could hear his footsteps leaving and continued her assault of tears. Then she heard fumbling with the lock. The door flung open and Richie stood there with a butter knife.

He immediately ran up to her and held her in his arms.

'What's wrong?' He said. He was panicked, he had never seen her like this.

'It's nothing.' Melina said as she hugged him back. Richie took her phone from her hands and started to read what was on there.

'Baby please don't listen to them.' Richie said.

'I know, it's just hard.' Melina said. Seeing Melina like this really worried Richie.

'Wait here baby.' Richie said and suddenly he left.

———

Melina stared to wash her face when her phone pinged.

Melina, you're amazing girl. Don't listen to them x

She re-read the message from Eric and smiled, she texted him a thanks back.

Her phone pinged again.

You are the best! Sonny

She smiled and replied to him.

For the next 10 minutes she received a ton of support from the players, she smiled and felt a lot better.

Then her phone pinged again.

@Richarlison just posted.

Melina dried her face and opened the photo. It was a photo of them. She read the caption:

This is the woman I love. She is my everything. Seeing the hate she receives hurts my heart, please be kind and show some damn respect. The words you use to describe her are disgusting, and I condemn you all. When I joined Tottenham, I was excited for the fans. But some of you have really upset me. Melina, I love you.

She felt herself smiling and she looked up. Richie was leaning against the doorframe and he held his arms out.

Melina immediately ran into them.

And he held her close.