doze

——

Richarlison woke up to his alarm. He took in his surroundings and saw he was alone. He had never been able to sleep so quickly since coming to England. He felt so safe. He checked his phone and saw her text, he smiled that she at least texted him instead of just leaving like she used to. The happiness it brought to him made him realise he wanted her. And he wanted her all to himself.

He had been so conditioned to using women, but since meeting Melina he found a new respect for them. And he was ashamed at how he had treated them in the past. His time with her made him realise he wanted to cherish her, and only her. He wanted to be with her.

He got ready for work and decided he would tell Melina how he felt. Holding it in would just make him feel worse. He left for work and met up with Sonny beforehand.

'How's it going?' Sonny said as they both walked to the gym.

'I think I have feelings for her.' Richie said and Sonny let out a noise of joy. He gave his friend a hug and beamed with happiness. Since he had known Richarlison, Sonny always hoped his friend would find someone as he did. Sonny was very happy in his relationship with his girlfriend Katrina, but he always hoped his best friend would find someone too. And Melina was exactly what he needed. The men carried on talking and Richie explained how he would suggest the pair give a relationship a try.

'I'm really happy for you, we can finally go on double dates.' Sonny said and Richie smiled.

'Well, you need to sort out your issues with Katrina first mate.' Richie said and Sonny jokingly nudged him. The men both laughed as they carried on their exercise.

——

Melina was in her office when she was interrupted by a knock at the door. It was him.

'Hello Melina.' Richie said as he waltzed in a sat on the chair.

'And to what do I owe you this pleasure?' Melina said in a joking tone before closing the blinds in her office. Just in case.

Richie took a deep breathe, he had planned what to say a million times but now he wasn't so sure. He looked at her and started.

'Melina, I can't stop thinking about how much I want you.' Richie started.

'Richie we're at work, you could have texted me this.' Melina said.

'No not sexually. Not like that. Melina i've never felt these feelings I have for you before. I want to be with you. I want you to be mine.' He continued.

Melina's heart nearly stopped. She secretly pinched herself, closed her eyes and looked again.

No, not a dream.

'Are you serious? Are you sure what you're saying?' Melina said. Although she was hesitant, she had to admit she had a soft spot for the man. He made her comfortable and the sex was amazing.

'Melina, even if you don't want to be mine. I am already yours.' Richie said and Melina gulped. She looked at him again, she had never seen him so innocent, but she remembered who he was and came to her senses.

'Richie, we need to stop everything. This isn't a good id-' Melina started

Richie frantically got up and grabbed her hands. Staring into her eyes.

'Melina I swear this can work. Just think of what we do usually, but don't be afraid to open your heart. I have opened mine, and it was fucking scary. But I still did it. Because I won't let myself throw a woman like you away' he said. He was out of breathe by the time he finished and his eyes were becoming glassy with a teary sheen.