catorze

—-

Richie still hadn't heard from Melina, it had been 3 days. He couldn't eat or sleep properly as he thought of losing her. He walked in her office again.

'I see you got my flowers, did you like them?' Richie asked. He had been grovelling ever since the altercation.

'Yes I did.' Melina said without looking up. Richie couldn't handle it anymore.

'Hey Melina, do you want to come to mine tonight? Just to hang out, we don't have to do anything.' Richie said.

'No, i'm busy.' Melina said. The same answer he heard every time he asked her. Instead of accepting and leaving as he usually did, he closed the blinds and locked the door.

'Melina we need to talk properly. Please.' Richie said as he sat down.

'What's there to talk about? You fucked another girl, Richie.' Melina said.

'Melina, I told you. Ask anyone, I was blackout. I don't remember.' He pleaded.

'I don't trust you.' Melina said

'I just remember waking up, seeing blonde hair and then feeling sick. I only want you Melina.' Richie said.

Melina felt a little bad for him, but she was so hurt she pushed out any sympathy she had for him.

'Richie. We're done.' Melina said coldly.

'Melina please.' Richie pleaded. She heard his voice crack as his eyes became teary. It broke her to see him like this, but she couldn't trust him after what had happened. She opened her heart for him, even though she knew instinctively he was still a player at heart. And he just proved her right.

'My job means first, I can't have drama. We're done, we're just colleagues now.' Melina said.

'Melina, you're being too cruel. Haven't you been in a position where you blackout and don't remember anything?' Richie pleaded, by now tears were flowing freely from his eyes.

Richie was frustrated, he finally found someone that he thought could be the one he could settle down with. And he completely fucked it.

Melina thought about what he asked. The sad thing is she had been in the same position, but the fact that she was falling for him made it harder for her. She hated the fact another woman got to enjoy him as she sat in her house waiting for him to come back home.

'We're done.' Melina said ultimately.

Richie didn't know what to do. He had spent so long breaking the walls down to her cold persona, and now she was treating him like he was a member of staff.

He missed the Melina that rubbed his forehead as he slept, the woman that made sure his socks were warm before he put them on, the woman he loved.

Richie knew it deep inside, he had fallen for the woman who ignored him. He loved her and he knew it. But instead of telling her that, Richarlison was always a dickhead at heart.

'Fuck you.' He said to her

'Excuse me?' Melina said. She knew he was angry but that made her confused.

'I just wanted to see if I could be with you to experiment. But you're too much fucking work.' He said.

Why the fuck did I just say that?

Melina's eyebrow arched. She knew he didn't mean it. He was hurt, and he was deflecting his emotions of sadness and pain into anger.

She didn't care.

'Get the fuck out of my office. Now.'