Stage Two: XIX

[Started: 1/19/2023]
[Ended: 1/19/2023]
[Song: Ala by Joep Beving and This Is Goodbye for Us by Dan Romer.]

♡ ♢ ♤ ♧
Alice In Borderlands
BLUFF
STAGE TWO: Opia
"The ambiguous intensity of looking someone in the eye, which can feel simultaneously. invasive and vulnerable."

♧    ♤ ♢   ♡
Chapter Nineteen
"The Waiting Game."
♡    ♢    ♤    ♧

Aguni stood up from the rubble, his breath ragged but relieved. He moved over to Arisu who was still on the ground. He outstretched his hand to him. Arisu took it and allowed Aguni to help him up. Debris fell off him as he moved to his feet.
They looked at each other for a moment before Aguni fell to the ground, completely exhausted. Arisu kneeled down to him. "Aguni?"
"Go." He ordered.
Arisu hesitated. "But the others?"
"They'll be fine." The bald man told him but he didn't really know that. "Go to the final game, Arisu."
He looked down for a moment before nodding. He stood up slinging the shotgun over his shoulder again. Moving away from Aguni movement caught his eye. Usagi limped out of the alleyway. He ran to her as she fell to the ground.

Struggling Aguni managed to stand again. He walked down the road until he stood in front of the king of spades. The man was leaning against a car. His chest caved in awkward and his body was completely limp. Aguni stared down at him.
Still in the kings hand was a gun. He took the barrel of it and held the gun out to Aguni. "I'm sorry."
Aguni took the gun.
The king continued to speak in a weak whisper. "It was the only way. I knew how to save you....I'm sorry."
Aguni held up the gun. "I never once hated you."
The king smiled and Aguni pulled the trigger. "This isn't fair you know." He said and looked around him. Slowly he raised the gun to his own head.

"Mori." A voice called.
The bald man looked in front of him. Takeru stood there, he couldn't tell if it were his ghost or a hallucination. "Why the hell are you here? You want me to ask for forgiveness?"
"No." Takeru walked towards him. "I should be the one asking for forgiveness for forcing my best friend to take on such a shitty role." He placed his hand on the gun lowering it from Aguni's head. "Take care of yourself.
He began walking in the opposite direction that he came. Aguni watching him as he left. With a waved and a smile the man disappeared.

"Talking to yourself?"
Aguni looked over at Y/n who stood where Takeru had appeared.
"I usually do that in my head." Holding her visibly bruised side she walked towards him. Above them the king of spades blimp began to fall. "I'm glad you decided not to kill yourself."
Aguni said nothing and just sat down.
"I'm sorry about Akane." Y/n said as she walked by.
He looked up at the sky laying back. "I'm sorry about the others."
"Yeah, me too."

Arisu and Usagi walked down the road. Usagi leaned on Arisu for support as they slowly made their way to the next game. They stopped when they saw Y/n approaching them. She smiled at them. "I guess it's just us again."
Arisu smiled. "I kinda miss when you'd bring us fish."
Y/n laughed but cringed quickly after due to the pain in her side. "Yeah....We should get to that game now."
"No!" Usagi told her.
Arisu looked down. "Chishiya...he's dying, at the crossing."
The stylist gave them a comforting smile. "I know, your not the best liar Arisu."
"You should go the the others. Help them in anyway you can." Arisu told her. "And....if we don't win....finish what we started."
"Okay." She whispered.

They moved towards her stopping again beside her. Arisu placed a firm hand on her shoulder. "When I came to this place I lost my best friends, no one will ever replace them but....I feel like I've gained one back. I want to thank you for that."
A tear slid down Y/n's cheek and she put a hand over Arisu's. "Thank you too, Arisu. It's been and honor."
With one last smile he and Usagi left.