Stage One: I

[Started: 12/24/2022]
[Ended: 12/24/2022]
[Song: Round One by Draft Punk.]

♡    ♢    ♤    ♧
Alice In Borderlands
BLUFF
STAGE ONE: Rubatosis
"The unsettling awareness of your own heart beat."

♧ ♤ ♢    ♡
Chapter One
"An Unlikely Leader."
♡ ♢ ♤ ♧

No one. Not one person. It was a dream come true. No one eating to loud, no one she had to fake a smile to, no meaningless conversation. Y/n was completely alone. But not for long.
Y/n sat on the side walk looking up at the night sky. She was unusually calm for someone in her situation.
A light in the distance appeared. She stood up and started walking in the direction of the light. Though she was fine being alone the situation was concerning and her curiosity rivaled her hated of people and their annoy habits.
The light was coming from a large theme park. At the gate a few people quietly stood around seemingly waiting for something. She walked in and looked around. No one else was asking any questions. She automatically assumed they knew something she didn't.
     On a white table in the middle of the group was a few phones with the sign 'take one'. She took a phone and turned it on. It unlocked with facial recognition and brought her to a white screen with the words 'wait for the game to start'.
     The whole situation was bizarre. Y/n wasn't about to rule out any options. Whatever was going on was not good and if this was a game, the people around her were either her teammates or her opponents.
     She stepped away from the table and settled in a place by the wall of a ticket booth. Looking around at the other people she noticed some with injuries and others that just looked like they had been through hell. There were also those like her, clean and clueless.
     There were at least 15 people in the waiting area but a few people stood out. Three girls that were cowered in the corner together, they seemed to be friends. Two Buffy guys with healed scars all over them. An older man with long hair that was greying and he was missing an eye. And last a man in a white hoodie, who had horrendous hair.
     Another person walked in. He was tall, lean, and fairly attractive. He wore black clothing and had a strong aura of confidence. Like it was routine he took a phone and looked up at everyone. His eyes scanned over the crowd before landing on Y/n. That's when she realized she messed up.
     While he was looking over everyone they all looked away, even if they made eye contact. But not Y/n. When he found she wasn't looking away a smile came to his face. He walked over to her and placed himself beside her.
     "The names Kyuma, I look forward to playing with you."
     "Game will now commence."
     "Game: Capture the Flag."
     "Game difficulty: 7 of clubs."
     "The group will be split into two teams, each team having a flag at the team's base."
     "The object of the game is to run into the other team's territory, capture their flag and make it safely back to your own territory."
     "You can tag "enemy" players in your territory, sending them to your jail. They can be sprung from jail by a member of their own team running into your territory, tagging them and running back, with one freed person allowed per jail break."
     "Each team must choose two bases, one for the flag, one for the jail."
     "If a freed player of the opposite team arrives in the teams jail or flag base they are deemed safe and cannot become a prisoner."
     "This game has a 1 hour time limit. If neither team wins by then, they will both be disqualified."
     Kyuma chuckled from beside Y/n. "Now this is my kind of game."
     'Sounds easy enough.'
     "The teams will now be assigned."
Y/n's phone lit up red. She glanced at the man beside her but he was already looking down at her and her phone. "Looks like we're on the same team." He held up his phone showing of the red color.
    She didn't know if being on his team was good or bad. By his behavior alone she thought he was borderline insane. Perhaps having an insane person on your team would be an advantage in this game.
     "Go to your designated territories. Once each base is established the game will start."
     The three girls, the old man, and the guy with terrible hair were all on the red team. Y/n silently cursed for not being on the same team as the buff guys. Kyuma took the lead and everyone followed him. One of the three girls tapped his shoulder.
     "Excuse me b-but what's going on. Why do we have to play this game?"
     He glanced back at her. "In this country you much play to earn visa days. If you do not, you die."
     One of the other girls began to cry. "Stop messing with us! That isn't true!"
     Y/n wanted to pour acid in her ear just listening to the sobbing girl.
     He just shrugged and he kept walking. "Believe me or not. But as team reds leader I still expect you to give this game your all."
     Y/n looked at him amused and slightly annoyed. "Who decided that? You?"
     He smiled at her. "What's your name?"
     "Y/n."
     "Yes Y/n, I appointed myself leader. I will lead us to victory." He said, completely confident in himself.
     And he continued to confuse her. Surprisingly however, she did not find him completely insufferable. There was a charming way he went about his words, not to mention he seemed to be genuine. Not a single sign of deceit in him.
     They arrived in an open area. There was a long table with head sets, a red flag, a map, and a jail sign. Kyuma began putting on the gear and everyone else followed him. Y/n reluctantly went with the flow. Once everyone had finish Kyuma called everyone's attention.
     "Okay, here's how this is going to go!"

♧ ♤ ♢    ♡