Stage One: XI

[Started: 12/30/2022]
[Ended: 12/31/2022]
[Song: La Vie C'est Chouette by Jodie Foster.]

♡    ♢    ♤    ♧
Alice In Borderlands
BLUFF
STAGE ONE: Rubatosis
"The unsettling awareness of your own heartbeat."

♧ ♤ ♢ ♡
Chapter Eleven
"Mad Hatter."
♡ ♢ ♤ ♧

     The fog couldn't clear any slower. The hazy dizziness made her head swing around like an off balanced bobble head. She groaned as she tried to open her eyes. The blinding light from the window shot pain into her head.
    "So she's awake! Three eavesdroppers in the span of two nights and this one....this one is interesting." A man in a robe stood with his back turned to Y/n he leaned his hands on the large table looking down at something in front of him.
    There were others in the room. Some sitting, others standing. Some with guns, some without. But the only person Y/n focused on was the man in front of her as he turned to her with a shit eating grin.
     He held up her 9 of spades card. "We have now completed the spades suit because of you."
      She looked at him blankly.
     "Tell me what other games have you played?"
     She refused to answer.
     The man a little displeased reales back. "Not a talker Huh?" He turned to a bald man Y/n recognized. "Aguni, you said you played with her. What game was that?"
     "Tag." he answered plainly.
     Another man with longish hair holding a large gun on his shoulder scoffed. "So nothing to write home about. The bitch probably got lucky."
     The man narrowed his eyes at her. "I don't think so. This one's different, you can see it in her eyes."
     She almost laughed at him. 'What does this manic think he sees?'
    "What is your name?"
     'Fuck you.'
     He spun back to the table pointing at someone with a hood on. "Chishiya, you know her as well?"
     He took off his hood giving a small nod.
    Y/n glared at him.
    "Well, tell me about her since she won't." The man chuckled.
     "Her name is Y/n, we've been in three games together. Seven of clubs, five of clubs, and six of clubs." He told.
"All clubs, you two make a good team I presume?" He asked.
"Hardly." Y/n stated.
The man with the gun perked up at her words. He laughed loudly. "Looks like someone hates you as much as I do."
"Shut up Niragi." Aguni told him.
"With such a high card you will be considered for an executive position." The man told her.
She tilted her head. "Executive position?"
He laughed. "That's right I haven't explained. Welcome to The Beach, an organization collecting cards so that one day one of us may leave. I am Hatter or number one, the leader of this utopia. This place is run by two groups the executives," he gestured to himself and a few non threatening people in the room. "And the militants." He gestured to Aguni, Niragi, and a few others.
       'How predictable.'
"So...you think the cards are what allow you to leave this place? And let me guess, when you collect all of them you will be the one returning because your number one." Y/n figured.
Hatter clapped and two people moved a curtain in the back of the room revealing a wall of enlarged cards. Most were crossed out besides faces cards. "Yes, exactly that. And now we are closer than ever, thanks to you. So as a thanks we are considering you for an executive position."
"Who's going to evaluate her?" A woman with blunt cut hair asked.
     "I never said I wanted to join this group." Y/n stated.
     "Let me explain the rules of the beach. Number one, you must always wear a swim suit. Number two, you are free to drown on alcohol, get high on drugs, and have sex as much as you want." Hatter began.
     Niragi smirked at her which she ignored.
     'Disgusting.'
     "Enjoy your life....while you still can. All keys and locks have been destroyed, there are no secrets here." Hatter chuckled darkly. "And our third and final rule, death to traitors."
     Y/n nodded. "Join or die, got it."

♧ ♤ ♢ ♡

     Y/n stood in the room she was given. She looked out at the many bodies in the pool. The people partying made her sick to her stomach. It was like being back in real life again. Only this time she wasn't obligated to be nice to anyone, not in this hostile world.
    Her door open and closed making her turn around. She watched as Chishiya looked around her room. He almost looked jealous.
    "I had a feeling they'd give you this room. For whatever reason Hatter wants you as an executive." He said.
     The room was very nice. It had a large bed, a lounge area, a mini bar, and a large luxurious bathroom. It was much better than the room he had been given.
     "You rat me out." Y/n ignored what he previously said. "Why?"
    Chishiya clicked his tongue thoughtfully. "I just wanted you here."
     'Dick.'
     "Please leave me alone." Y/n turned back to the window.
     Chishiya walked farther into the room and stood next to her. He noticed her eyes searching the area for someone but he brushed it off. "I'm going to steal the cards."
     Slowly she looked at him, then she smiled. A genuine smile of amusement and surprise. "Huh...and your telling me this because...?"
     "I want you to be apart of it." His eyes met hers.
     "Mmm." She thought for a moment. "No thanks."
     His brow furrowed not expecting her to say no. "Why not?"
     "I don't think you can pull it off." She said honestly.
     "What if I prove you wrong?" He tilted his head slightly.
    She looked back out the window and a sly smile came to her face. "Do you want to make a bet? You fail and you never bother me again."
     "What do I get when I win?" He asked confidently.
     She shrugged. "Whatever you want I suppose."
    "Deal."

♡ ♢ ♤ ♧