Stage Two: XI

[Started: 1/15/2023]
[Ended: 1/16/2023]
[Song: Daydream by Wallace Collection.]

♡ ♢ ♤ ♧
Alice In Borderlands
BLUFF
STAGE TWO: Opia
"The ambiguous intensity of looking someone in the eye, which can feel simultaneously. invasive and vulnerable."

♧    ♤ ♢   ♡
Chapter Eleven
"Tea Time."
♡    ♢    ♤    ♧

"Please proceed to the game arena."

An elevator door opened followed by a dinging sound. Yoko was the first to enter making a space for herself in the back of the box. Seda looked at Y/n seeming unsure of himself.
"Should we-?"
She didn't let him finish and moved towards the elevator standing next to Yoko. The girl smiled at her. "So you know that guy?"
Y/n nodded.
"He seems sorta naive." Yoko stated quietly as the rest of the group got on and the doors shut. "Wonder why he joined a hearts game."
Y/n rose her brow before whispering. "Wonder why your already putting suspicion on him."
Yoko shrugged in defense. "I'm just saying."
"It's exactly as you said. He joined because he is naive." She explained. "Not an ounce of thought is behind those eyes."

The elevator dinged again and the doors opened. They had arrived in a three story pent house. The floor they were on had a large open area full of racks of fancy clothes. There was also a hallway leading to a bunch of bedrooms.
"Nice." Y/n comments taking a few steps out of the box. When it closed she looked back at it. The was a pad on the wall that looked like a scanner.

"Rules, there will be 7 rounds of each round of the game will consist of 7 hours. The last hour of every round is required tea time, you must be at the table or die. The only time violence is prohibited is during tea time. The last round of the game is exempted from this rule. Objective, escape the penthouse before the time is up."
"The first round starts now."

"This doesn't feel like a heart game." One of the buff guys laughed. "I thought this shit was supposed to be hard."
The shorter buff guy chuckled. "This is awesome."
"I wouldn't be so sure." The older woman interjected. "We still haven't met the king of hearts yet."
"This is a hearts game, it will try to screw with our emotions." The man in mute brown piped up. "Let's do this together okay?"
"I'm with that." Seda smiled. "I mean in this game all we have is each other."
Yoko crossed her arms. "Let's just explore for now, maybe we can find some clues."
Everyone agreed and began looking around the area. Y/n went up to the second floor but was followed by Seda.
"Mind if I come with you?" He asked.
"Just keep up." She told him and kept going up the stairs.

The second floor had a large kitchen, a nice lounge area, and a billiards area. The top floor was more so the roof. It was a large open area aside from a large rectangular table, on the other side was a pool and Jacuzzi. The entirety of the penthouse had an off out of this world aesthetic. There were odd plants and vines everywhere, different kinds of medieval to modern weapons were used as decor. The most confusing part was how neat everything was. Everything was symmetrical or in some sort of pattern. Like Wonderland if it were created by someone with ocd.
Seda and Y/n found themselves looking at the tea table on the roof. Carefully the girl walked around it soon catching sight of a figure in a large chair at the head of the table. They wore all black, the had on a mask, and a plastic crown. They also didn't move at all.
"They must be the king." Seda stared in shock.
Y/n just looked at the figure in confusion. She moved to walk over to him but Seda stopped her. "What are you doing?"