Stage One: XII

[Started: 12/31/2022]
[Ended: 1/1/2023]
[Song: Mama's Gun by Glass Animals.]

♡    ♢    ♤    ♧
Alice In Borderlands
BLUFF
STAGE ONE: Rubatosis
"The unsettling awareness of your own heartbeat."

♧ ♤    ♢ ♡
Chapter Twelve
"Cheshire Cat."
♡ ♢ ♤ ♧

     Y/n sat on the roof angrily looking down at all the people in the pool. She glanced at the shore spotting Old Man's boat there. She narrowed her eyes at it, wishing to go back.
     Four sets of foot steps sounded behind her. She glanced behind her but Chishiya approaching her obscured her vision of the others. She tried to ignore him looking back at the boat.
     "If they messed up my boat I will kill you."
     He chuckled. "I believe you."
     "Y/n?" A familiar voice came behind her.
     "Arisu?" She turned around. In front of her was Usagi, Arisu, and the girl that was with Chishiya before.
     Usagi ran up to Y/n wrapping her in a hug. "I'm sorry your here."
     "Why are you here?" Arisu asked obviously confused.
     Y/n glared at Chishiya. "Ask him."
     The man smirked and put his hands up. "To be fair, I didn't know who for sure was on the boat."
    The mystery girl, who was chewing on a cigarette, rolled her eyes at him. "But your intention was totally to get her here." She looked to Y/n having caught her attention. "My names Kuina."
     "I'm Y/n."
     She laughed. "I know."
     Arisu looked to the blond. "So Chishiya, why did you bring us all here?"
     He let them sit in anticipation for a moment before answering. "We're going to steal the cards."
     "Nope. I told you I wouldn't be apart of it." Y/n looked at him scornfully.
     "Then you can be apart of the escape plan. You don't want to be here, right?" He questioned.
     She looked down knowing he was right. Not in a million years did she want to be there.
     "The beach is falling apart. Tensions are high between the militants and the executives. It's only a matter of time before a bunch of mindless morons with guns are running around." Chishiya looked over the pool area as if silently judging them. "I say we find an opportunity to take the cards and run."
     "So you don't actually have a plan yet?" Kuina sighed.
    "No."
     "Awesome." Y/n chuckled. "Way to go mister genius, your really failing at this bet."
     "Why did you bring us up here if you don't have a plan?" Usagi asked.
    "I wanted to introduce Kuina and I thought you two would like to see Y/n. Also I have some news." Chishiya turned to Y/n. "I'll be your examiner tonight, so impress me."
    Y/n smirked at him. "Should be easy then."

♧ ♤ ♢ ♡

For the first time Y/n left the comforts of her room and the roof. She went down to the kitchen hoping to find something to eat. The large kitchen was empty of any people but voices came from outside.
As she snooped around someone entered the kitchen. Without turning around she spoke to them. "Haven't I made myself clear, leave me alone."
The person chuckled. The voice didn't match who she thought it was. She spun around and saw Niragi standing there. On his back was a large gun like usual and in his hands was a bottle of rum.
"That's no way to speak to someone with a gift." He sneered placing the bottle of the counter.
Y/n looked at it.

Crash!
The sound of glass breaking was familiar to her. Bottles clinking together. Bottle caps popping off an falling to the ground. She knew it when she heard it.
Addiction is a powerful thing. It runs in families, ends careers, and ruins lives. This truth can be applied to Y/n. Her father was an alcoholic. Drunks are unpredictable, which made him terrifying. He only ever put his hands on Y/n once but the possibility of it happening again was there. That didn't bother her though. At a time it did but she had grown numb to it.
What did bother her was she had the gene. The addiction gene.
When she realized this she almost had a break down. Realizing she was like her father made her want to tear her own heart out. So from then on she vowed off addictive substances. Even in the hospital she refused drugs despite being in a copious amount of pain.

Looking at the bottle she wanted to break it or pour it down the drain, do anything with it to get it out of her sight. She looked back at Niragi.
"I don't drink."
He chuckled. "What kind of person doesn't drink?"
He took the bottle again and began walking towards her. "You know, we're a lot alike you and I."
'Go away.'
"We'd make a good team." He stretched out his hand. "What do you say."
"Y/n." Mira, one of the executives, stood in the doorway. "Hatter would like to see you."
'Out of the frypan into the fire.'
Y/n tried to move past Niragi but he harshly grabbed her arm. "I asked you a question."
She hoped he would take her silence and blank stare as rejection. She yanked herself away from him and followed Mira out. As they walked the woman stole glances at Y/n.
"What happened to your nail?" She asked taking Y/n's right hand.
"Nothing." She replied taking her hand back.
"Let me guess, a game? Did someone torture you?" Mira asked almost tauntingly. "Denailing is a common form of torture. I believe it dates back to medieval times. The finger tips are one of the most sensitive parts of the human body, all those nerve endings. It must have been painful."
Y/n grit her teeth. 'This bitch.'
"Please stop talking."
"We're here." Mira stopped at a large door.
Arisu emerged looking incredibly confused and bewildered. He looked at Y/n. "Good luck."
Mira pushed the door open for Y/n. "Go on."
'Kill me.'

♡ ♢ ♤ ♧