Stage Two: IX

[Started: 1/13/2023]
[Ended: 1/13/2023]
[Song: Eyes Without A Face by Angel Olsen.]

♡    ♢    ♤    ♧
Alice In Borderlands
BLUFF
STAGE TWO: Opia
"The ambiguous intensity of looking someone in the eye, which can feel simultaneously. invasive and vulnerable."

♧ ♤    ♢ ♡
Chapter Nine
"A Locked Box."
♡ ♢ ♤ ♧

     Chishiya and Y/n where in the dinning area there where filling boxes with the food on the shelves. There was so much of it that they could only pick certain things to take with. But choosing wasn't hard as some of the items were downright disgusting.
    "Do you want these?" Y/n held up a box of the yellow biscuits.
    "Yes." He answered.
    She shook her head. "Disgusting."
    Chishiya stopped what he was doing to study her. "So you met the king of clubs, what was he like?"
    She picked up and item, seemingly reading the label. "He was nice."
    "You sure do have an way of explaining things." He said sarcastically.
    She put the item down her face going blank. "His name was Kyuma, he was the leader of our capture the flag game. He....he helped me realize something, he became my friend."

    Chishiya's stance softened seeing it was a touchy subject for her. "What did you realize?"
    She bit her lip stubbornly. "I guess you got what you wanted Chishiya. I want to live for myself, no more unnecessary risks, I won't die anytime soon. And I've learned to let go...so when you die, I'll deal with the heartache you cause me. And I won't try to pressure you into living."
     He felt as if his heart almost stopped as she looked back at him. "Y/n..."
    Placing a finale item in the box she picked it up. "We should be going back to the cells now. The hours almost up."

♧ ♤    ♢ ♡

     Together they walked out to the prison. Above them the Jack of hearts blimp exploded. Chishiya stopped to look at it while Y/n kept walking to the car. She placed the box in it and turned back to him.
      "Are you going to gawk all day or get in the car?" She snickered.
     He rolled his eyes and got in the passenger seat. He watched at she started the car and pulled out of the parking space. He had come to a conclusions about her. Y/n was a very beautiful person driven into anger and emptiness by rejection. She dived into her own world and became completely isolated. But now things were changing. Slowly she was letting go of the fear and Chishiya could see it.

Y/n glanced at him. "You look like a statue. Look somewhere else."
He smiled and turned his head to look at the road in front of them. "So, where are we going?"
She shrugged. "Not sure, I guess we should find someplace to rest. Then we can decide on joining another game or finding the others"
Finding her plan acceptable he staying quiet. His eyes trailed to her leg. There was a small bandage covering the stab marks. His hand moved to touch it. "How's your-?"
She swat his and away. "You can check my leg and junk when we get there. Don't touch while I'm driving."
"Your so stubborn." He commented.
"And your so annoying."

     The car rolled to a stop outside a mall. Chishiya looked at Y/n unimpressed. "A mall?" He rose a brow.
    "What we're you expecting? A five star hotel?" She asked sarcastically as she got out of the car.
    He followed her. "Given your history I was expecting a yacht."
    She just ignored him and grabbed a box out of the back before heading into the mall. The sky light on the roof illuminated the large building. On the bottom floor there was a large two foot pool like fountain. Usually water would shoot up from the pipes below but without electricity it was just a very short pool.