III

Marcia tossed and turned all night. Storms terrified her, and what Luxx and Irene had said about the twins terrified her even more. She faced the wall as she laid in bed, too scared to look over at the other two beds in the room.

She thought she had made the best choice coming to Misty Creek, now she was starting to regret her decision. She didn't have anyone to go to when she needed comfort and she didn't have anyone to really talk to. Besides those girls today, but she wasn't super comfortable with them just yet.

Marcia sighed, deciding to risk trying to sleep on her other side. She turned over, facing the darkness of the room. She tried to relax, until lightning flashed.

It lit up the room for a split second, illuminating the silhouettes of Sugar and Spice. They sat up straight in their beds, their eyes focused on Marcia.

Marcia screamed, jumping back against her headboard as the room went dark again. She reached for her phone on her nightstand with a shaking hand, almost hyperventilating as she turned on the flashlight and shined it on the two girls.

Sugar and Spice were laying down again, making no movements as they laid flat on their backs with their eyes closed. It was like they had never moved. Marcia whimpered quietly, shaking heavily as she put her phone back down and curled up under her blankets. She didn't feel safe. She didn't feel safe at all.

----

Early the next morning, Irene pulled on a dark sweater, adjusting the collar of it as Luxx pulled on a dark plaid skirt beside her. "I'm surprised your sister isn't here yet." The smaller girl said, only for a knock to be heard on the door. "...Spoke too soon."

Irene was used to this. This was the routine ever since Bosco was a Freshman and she was a Sophomore. She went to get the door, finding Bosco standing there with her hairbrush in her hand.

She gave Irene a sweet smile, holding it up to her. "I'm ready for you to do my hair."

Irene rolled her eyes playfully, pulling her into the room and closing the door behind her. "Woah. I never would've guessed."

Bosco huffed, taking a seat in Irene's desk chair. "Can you do braids today?" She asked.

Irene nodded, grabbing some hair ties from her drawer and placing them onto her desk. "Of course I can." She said, taking the brush and running it through Bosco's hair. "How did you sleep last night, 'Sco?"

Bosco was quiet for a moment before sighing softly. "I woke up at like 3am with a weird pain in my chest." She said, making Irene freeze and go stiff. "It really hurt, but then it suddenly stopped. I don't know, it was weird..."

Irene took a deep breath. She had a feeling what she did was the reason why Bosco had been hurting. "I'm sorry about that..." She said softly, starting to brush through her sister's hair again.

Luxx climbed up the ladder to Salinas's bed, about to shake her awake until she stopped. "...Does it smell like smoke in here?" She asked. "Not super strong, but I can smell it."

Irene bit her lip, glancing at the window she had left cracked open. "Maybe it's just coming from outside." She said, trying not to sound suspicious. She went to close it up, but was stopped by the raven flying quickly towards it and into the room.

Irene huffed, glaring at it and putting a hand on her hip. "Why are you always hanging around here? Get out!"

Bosco pouted. "Be nice, she isn't causing any harm."

"I don't know why she thinks she has to hang around me all the time." Irene mumbled, trying to distract herself by brushing her sister's hair. She claimed not to know, but she knew the bird probably sensed something about her.