In Secret

Luca's POV

The next day

"Alberto, this isn't very secretive!"

I grab his hand and try to pull away while he drags me over to a random tree.

We were talking to some kids by the fountain, and the minute they turned their back to us, Alberto led me away.

"Someone's going to see us! Alberto...!"

Once we stop, I glare at him, but he just smirks and holds his hands behind his back.

"Alberto, you're not doing a very—"

I stop talking when he kisses my cheek. "Mmwah~" he says, still with that smug smile on his face.

...

Suddenly I forget that I'm annoyed. Now I'm dying from the cuteness.

Smiling, I reach over and nearly tackle him with a big squeeze-hug, laughing all my worries away. He hugs me back with the same strength... which eventually makes us fall to the ground.

"... Ow," he mumbles.

About an hour later

"Someone's definitely going to see us this time," I warn him while we hide in between two buildings. I look around with worried eyes. "I'm actually certain we're going to be spotted. Very, very certain."

Alberto shrugs and holds my face in his hands, which immediately distracts me. "Who cares?" he says, rubbing my cheek with his thumb. He looks so lost in my eyes that I'm surprised he doesn't have hearts in his own. I'm sure mine probably do.

"You're so annoying," I giggle.

"And you're perfect," he replies.

"You're even more perfect," I exclaim, feeling my chest leap. "The perfect-est ever."

Less than twenty minutes later

We're holding each other's faces under the same tree again.

"I love you," I whisper.

"I love you," he whispers back.

"But I love you even more."

"No, not possible."

"Very possible."

Alberto reaches down to hold my hand. "Well I love you times a hundred," he says.

"I love you times a thousand," I reply, giggling.

"Okay, well, I love you times... whatever comes after that."

I roll my eyes and kiss his hand, which makes him grin. "We'll argue about this later," I joke.

"Got it." Alberto pauses. "But I still won."

"Hush."

After lunch

"Hey, you know how relationship people kiss and stuff?" Alberto asks me while we're up in the hideout, leaning back on his hand and staring at me.