5.

"SEE YOU AROUND, I GUESS

"SEE YOU AROUND, I GUESS..."

---¤☆¤---

ZARAGOZA MEXICAN DELI-GROCERY, 7:00 PM.

Poking at her plate with her fork, she could feel her Dad's eyes drilling into her, like he was trying to mind control her into looking up. Nope, not gonna happen. She was still feeling pretty shitty from Luke's whole 'I love you, but it not enough for me to stop' ordeal, she didn't really want⎯nor need⎯whatever this was. Stuffing some rice in her mouth, she keeps her eyes down on to the table, staring at the shitty stickers and spray paint that littered it.

Clearing his throat dramatically loud, she tenses up at the sound, waiting for him to continue. For him to start the awkward conversation, or mostly likely in her case, the lecture, that was to come. Stealing a small glance at him through her lashes, she picks up her drink, taking a slow and long sip of the sugary agua fresca. The taste of pineapple filling her mouth. He couldn't make her talk if she was drinking now could he?

"So, I got a call today. It was from your school, do you wanna know what that was about?" He asks, iciness in his supposed 'casual' tone.

She doesn't respond. She's far too scared to talk now. She thought this was going to be about Luke and 'sneaking people into the apartment without my knowledge'. Not the incident at the school.

"Natasha. Answer me." He orders, "This is not the time for your little games."

"I don't know what you're talking about, Dad. Honestly, a lot happened at school today. I mean there was a fight in the hallways and the cafeteria ran out of meatloaf⎯" She lies, but he cuts her short.

"Oh yeah? So, you don't remember calling the school therapist, and I quote, 'lonely bitch who's only date nights are with a vibrator'. That just so happened to slip your mind?" He questions, his voice harsh and patronizing.

Don't laugh. Don't laugh. Don't laugh. Don't laugh. Biting down on her tongue hard, she tries to push down the quivering of her bottom lip, to not burst into laughter at what he had just said. It was probably one of her better insults. It honestly deserved to be crowned 'best insult on the fly'. Taking a sip of her drink, she tried to focus on the sweetness of the pineapple, but it wasn't working. Letting out a small snort as she remembers the look on Dr Gibson's face, the laugh dies as she sees the deadly serious look on his face. Okay, not the time to be joking, fully noted.

"To be completely honest with you, Dad. I thought you were gonna talk about me flunking my math test.." She whispers, "Or about the guest I had over with Auntie Mav when you were away from work."

"You flunked your math test?" He questions, raising a brow.

"Yeah, but it's only because we had a substitute. She didn't like that I needed accommodations." She rambles, "But, Mrs Harper said she was gonna let me retake it as many times as needed."