4.

"ALL THIS SADNESS BEHIND

"ALL THIS SADNESS BEHIND..."

---¤☆¤---

TWO DAYS LATER.

Running her thumb over the blade of her pocketknife, it was blunt and in desperate need of a sharpening. It couldn't even cut a sheet of paper. Rolling her eyes at the thought of asking the Hephaestus kids for help, she stabs the blade into the front porch. The metal barely embedded. Lifting her eyes up, she found Walter glares holes at the new kid that was being man handled by Clarisse.

"You're doing that thing again." She taunts, an amused look on her face.

"What thing?" He grumbles lowly.

"Glare at someone until they run away scared." She hums, "What he do to deserve this unfortunate fate?"

"Pissed off my Dad and then proceeded to insult him. Now, it's my job to avenge him and my cabins' honor." He states, his eyes glued to the kid.

"Oh.." She nods, "So how are you gonna get revenge on him? Or are you still planning it all out?"

He doesn't respond, not even a snarky comment. What was he up to? Opening her mouth to speak, he flashes her a mischievous smile, his shifting eyes away from her onto Clarisse. The words dying on the tip of her tongue. Furrowing her brows together in confusion, she turns her eyes back to Clarisse, the brunette trapping the new boy in a headlock. Oh, he was getting his revenge on him⎯just through Clarisse. A simple but effective way.

"Clarisse is doing me the favor of beating him down today. I'll get my revenge at Capture the Flag. I've been itching to use my new spear." He states casually.

"It's your funeral when Chiron finds out what you did." She rolls her eyes, "And he's not gonna go easy on you."

"Daddy's favorite, remember?" He smirks, a devilish look on his face.

"For now." She scoffs, "But, are you still gonna be daddy's favorite when Chiron tells Zeus about this?"

A scared look forms on his face. But, he quickly masks it with an arrogant smirk. Rolling her eyes at the sight of his face, he leans against the porch railing, his forehead slick from sweat. The sun beading extra hard on them. 

Staring him down in the eye, there's a glazed-over look in his eyes, probably from imagining what his father would do to him. He'd probably turn him into a squirrel then run him over. Maybe even taxidermy him.

"Zeus doesn't care." He scoffs, trying to act nonchalant.

"He will. Especially, when he finds out that Dionysus is breaking his rules. I mean⎯What happens if he decides to extend his punishment? Will you still be Daddy's favorite, Walter?" She argues, a slight condescending tone in her voice.

"You ain't got the nerve." He glares, his hand itching towards his belt.

"Try me." She taunts, flashing him a cheeky grin.

Picking the pocket knife out of the wood, she absentmindedly twirls it in her hand, her eyes glued to Clarisse and the new kid. He hadn't passed out. Was that on purpose? Or was it dumb luck? Chewing on her bottom lip, her mind drift back to what Lee had told her, he took down the Minotaur. Nudging her side, she shoots a glare at Walter, annoyed to be pulled out of her thoughts like that.

"What?" She sneers, shooting the blonde a glare.

"Travis." He rolls his eyes.

"Travis what?" She frowns.

Furrowing her brows together, he cocks his head to the side, an annoyed look on his face. What in the gods name was he..? Turning her head to where he was looking, there in all of his annoying glory was Travis, with a nervous look on his face. Seriously? What did he want now?

"What do you want?" She glares, "I'm kinda busy."

"Lena and Damian are fighting again. Luke said to deal with it ourselves, but it's bad. Can you help us?" He begs.

"Seriously?" She groans.

Pouting his bottom lip, he gives her the biggest puppy dog eyes that he could muster, only making her even more annoyed. She just couldn't get a break. Rolling her eyes at his begging, she grumbles curses under her breath as she stands up from the porch. Following him, she throws the knife over her shoulder, not caring if it hits Walter or not.

Marching up the steps of the cabin, she opens the front door with a loud boom, the glass rattling from how hard she slammed it. Walking past the rows of bunks, her boots thud against the wooden floors, letting everyone know of her presence. Keeping her head up high, people scramble out of the way, knowing that they shouldn't try to stop her.

"Over my dead body, he will." Lena argues, "That's Donna's spot!"

"Donna's not here anymore! She got claimed remember!" Damian shouts back.

"It's Donna's spot! It's always been Donna's spot!" Lena argues, her voice cracking.

Walking into the clearing, Damian was towering over Lena, the young girl looking like she had just been pushed to the ground moments ago. Her blood boils at the sight. Clearing her throat, Damian turns his head, his face instantly paling at the sight of her. He was in for it now.

"What the fuck is going on? Huh?" She asks, "I wanna know and don't lie to me."

"Luke wants to give the new kid, Donna's old spot. It's only fair⎯" Damian starts, but she cuts him short.

"Zip it, D'Amelio. I wasn't talking to you." She sneers, before turning to Lena with a soft look. "Lena, what happened?"

"Luke wants to give Donna's old spot to the new kid. Said that you wanted to move, so her spot would be open for grabs. But⎯But, you can't let him do that! It's Donna's spot! It's always been her spot!" She explains, her voice shaking.

Son of a bitch. That's why Travis called her in. He knew that he wouldn't be able to sweet talk the fragile girl, he needed someone more 'special' to do it. Letting out a tiny sigh under her breath, she shakes her head before walking over to Lena.

Crouching down to the younger girl's level, she wipes the few tears that slipped down her cheeks. She was so innocent and this situation was just so fucked up. One sister gone and the other left behind, struggling to cling onto the past.

"Lena, we've had this talk before. Donna moved in with her other siblings. She's not here anymore, and I know that this is her old spot, but she doesn't need it anymore. You have to let go." She explains, whispering at the end.

"Please, don't let them take away her spot." Lena argues, tears building up.

"Lena." She softly argues, shooting the girl a stern look.

"That's all I have left of her." Lena whispers, giving the older girl pleading eyes.

"How about I claim her old spot, huh? How's that sound?" Natasha reasons, "That way you know it's in good hands."

"Okay." Lena whispers, nodding.

"Good, then that settles it. I'll take Donna's old spot." She nods, "My old spot is up for grabs. Whoever wants it, claim it before it's too late."

+++++

And I am done with the chapter! Stay safe out there guys!

I hope you all are doing okay emotionally and physically! I love you all!

I hope that you are enjoying the book so far! A quick reminder to comment below about the story of what you think so far.