10.

"COME CATCH ME, ASSHOLE

"COME CATCH ME, ASSHOLE..."

---¤☆¤---

Sprinting as fast as she can, she could hear Walter chasing after her, the clanking of his armor ringing in the back of her head. Her knee burns like lava was being poured on it, but she pushed through the moltening pain. If it wasn't Walter chasing after her⎯if it was a monster instead, she'd have to do the exact same thing. Only she wasn't running because she didn't want to be locked up again, she'd be running for her life.

Spotting a few campers, a look of relief filled her face, she was close. Only just a little farther. Letting out a light laugh, her victory is cut short by Walter practically spearing her into the ground. A small scream leaves her lips as she faceplants into the ground. A small sob of pain accidentally leaves her lips before she could stop it. The fucker had broken her nose. Rolling onto her back, she clutches her nose in pain, warm blood gushing out of it.

"Shit! Shit! Are you okay? I didn't mean⎯" He apologizes, his voice ringing in her head.

Forcing her eyes open, she blinks through the tears, the taste of warm blood flooding her mouth. Spitting out the blood in her mouth, she could faintly see Walter standing in front of her. A little blurry from the tears that flooded her eyes, but still there. Reaching out to touch her, she swats his hand away from her, she didn't want him to touch her. He broke her fuckin' nose! He was the last person she wanted to be touched by.

Stumbling to her feet, the only thing she could smell was the bitter stench of blood. Leaning against a nearby tree, she spat out the blood that started to flood her mouth again. Gagging at the taste, she blinks a few more times, her vision no longer blurred by the tears in her eyes. Standing in front of her, Walter looks conflicted, like he didn't know whether to help her or yell at her.

"Just fuck off! You broke my fuckin' nose! " She grunts, trying to shoo him away.

"Not a chance! If Luke finds out about this, it's both of our heads!" He argues, "I'm not about to be punished because you don't know when to stop!"

"Get off." She growls, a deathly glare on her face.

Shooting her a warning look, he opens his mouth to scold her, when she knees him full force in the groin. Instead of a lecture, a loud groan of pain and anger leaves his lips. Sliding down to his knees, he falls to the ground clutching his lower stomach in pain with a loud pained wail. Good riddance. Spitting at him, she rubs away the warm blood that runs down her nose with the back of her hand.

"Luke's gonna kill you." He groans out.

"Last I checked, Luke isn't the boss of me." She sneers, "And neither are you, dumbass."

Rolling her eyes at him, she slowly rises to her feet on wobbly legs making him scoff out loud. Shooting him a glare, she grabs a spear, stabbing it into the ground. Resting her weight on the spear, she towers over him, a glare on her face. She was going. Even if Luke got mad. Even if her knee was killing her. Turning to walk away, he grabs her ankle making her fall flat on her face. A grunt of pain leaving her lips as she falls harshly on her knee.

"You're gonna pay for that." She growls.

Sitting up to her knees, she grabs her spear from the ground, the blunt end now pointing at his chest. Lifting up her spear, she pauses when a bright flash of color fills the forest, blinding her for a second. What was that? Lowering her spear, she slowly stands to her feet, completely forgetting about Walter. Her eyes darted in every direction. Hoping to catch another glimpse of that light. Then, she sees it.

The glowing of something in the sky. Was this a sign from her mother? One of the gods? The world around her goes completely silent, only the humming of something ringing in her ears. Like it was calling for her. Stumbling her way into the clearing, the faint sea green glow pulls her in mindlessly, tugging her along like a child. Her spear slips from her hand as she mindlessly follows the glow. Her focus on nothing but getting to the glow.

"The bloodline is determined." Someone speaks.

Slowing down her pace, the world around her grows more fuzzy, it was like she was in a trance of some kind. The gentle brushing of leaves against her arms reminds her where she was. Stopping a few feet away from the glow, she could feel the warmth of it, the smell of sea salt. Blinking away the trance, the look of awe on her face slowly melts away as she sees who is standing underneath it. Percy Jackson.

"Poseidon⎯Earthshaker, Stormbringer, Lord of Horses."

Everyone slowly falls to their knees, Chiron bowing the best that he could. This wasn't fair. Clenching her jaw tightly at the sight of the glowing trident, she didn't bother to bow to the new kid, she was far too pissed to care. Why was he getting claimed? Why not her? Why couldn't she get claimed? Then anger turned into sadness. Tears build in her eyes, her bottom lip trembling slightly.

Shaking her head, she takes a step back, nobody sparing her a second glance. Slowly looking at everyone around her, she realizes that no one could see her. She was hidden by most of the brush⎯So Chiron wouldn't be able to see her leaving, saving her the lecture that would come. Storming past everyone, she shoved anyone who dares to get in her way, her hand tightening at her side.

"Hail, Perseus Jackson, Son of the Sea God."

Sneering at the sound of his name, she bites her tongue harshly, trying to stop herself from lashing out at the very second. Storming back to camp, she was sure that if she had the power to⎯there'd be a trail of dead flowers left behind her, or maybe even a trail of fire. Something to show just how upset she was.

"What about me? Why not me?" She whimpers, her voice trembling.

"Nat!" Someone calls, chasing after her.

Shaking her head, the tears start to fall, the frustration of everything crashing down on her like a ton of bricks. How could Percy get claimed but not her? What did she ever do to not deserve it? Unwrapping her gloves, she spots the rundown cabin from a mile away, her bottom lip trembling even more. She drops her gloves on the ground, focusing on getting her armor off. She couldn't do this again.

Slipping her chest piece off, she drops it onto the floor with a loud clang, the old metal probably denting from the action. Her knee kills her, making even more tears fall. Reaching the front steps of the cabin, she collapses to the ground, her hands clutching her chest. Letting out a sob, she had never felt more weak than right now. She tried so hard. She waited for so long. And yet? It wasn't enough for her to get claimed.

"TWO FUCKING WEEKS!" She sobs, her voice cracking.

"Nat."

"He's here for two weeks⎯two fucking weeks⎯and he gets claimed! Some of us have been waiting for months! YEARS EVEN!" She bellows, "What the FUCK?!"

"Nat."

"Why won't she claim me.." She whimpers, "What's so bad about me.."

+++++

And I am done with the chapter! Stay safe out there guys!

I hope you all are doing okay emotionally and physically! I love you all!

I hope that you are enjoying the book so far! A quick reminder to comment below about the story of what you think so far.