1.

"HANDED OUT DEATH SENTENCES

"HANDED OUT DEATH SENTENCES..."

---¤☆¤---

AUGUST 30th, 2006. PRESENT DAY.

Chewing on the inside of her cheek, the gnawing feeling of being watched doesn't go away, in-fact it only gets worse. Stealing a glance over her shoulder, she could see that there was nobody there, which made the pit in her stomach grow. She knew she was being followed. This wasn't paranoia getting the best of her. She knew that something was off. She could feel it in her bones.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Tori still droned on and on about how unfair it was for 'Captain Cragen to do that to Olivia, she was the best on the team'. Rolling her eyes at her angry rambling, she steals another glance over her shoulder, her paranoia getting the better of her. What if there was someone following her but she just couldn't see them? Like they were invisible? There was nothing there and it did absolutely nothing to calm her down.

"Let's be honest! If Olivia Benson is the best female detective EVER! She cares SO much! Not many of the male detectives care that much! They don't deserve her⎯"

"I'll call you back, Tori." She cuts in, making her huff.

"What? Noooo..I'm still talking about the show!"

"Tori, I think someone followed me home. I gotta go." She whispers through gritted teeth. "Like, seriously. Like NSYNC breaking up, level of seriousness, Tori."

"WHAT?! THAT'S LIKE EVEN MORE OF A REASON TO STAY ON THE PHONE! HAVEN'T YOU SEEN HORROR MOVIES?! DON'T BE THE STUPID NERD GIRL! BE THE FINAL GIRL!"

Scoffing Tori's belligerent shouting, she grabs the pocket knife out of her jacket pocket, her phone still pressed against her ear. Glancing over her shoulder one more time, there wasn't anyone behind her, she wasn't being followed. But, it wasn't enough to put her at ease. She had that feeling in her bones. Like it was engraved into the very fiber of her being. Chewing on her bottom lip, the phone line goes quiet, Tori's ranting completely silent. Thankfully saving her ear drums from the ranting.

"My Aunt is home, I'm only a block away from the apartment. If I need to call the police." She argues, "How am I gonna do that with you being on the line? I gotta hang up, Tori."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Thanks." She rolls her eyes, "It's not like I don't know how to defend myself."

"Whatever, the point is, if I don't see you tomorrow at school. I'm gonna think you're dead and call the cops. So don't die!"

Rolling her eyes hard at Tori's bluntness, Tori hangs up the call without another word, making her chuckle at the behavior. Yeah, that was Tori. Shaking her head at the strange ending of the call, she goes to tuck it away when it rings. She tenses for a second. She had just hung up, who was it now? Stopping in place, she stares at the contact, the name 'Auntie M' popping up. Letting out a small sigh of relief at the sight of it, it was just her Aunt. She thought it was going to be an 'unknown number' Scream movie kind of deal. Answering the call, it rings for a split second.