16.

"THAT'S ALL I'M ASKING

"THAT'S ALL I'M ASKING..."

---¤☆¤---

HERMES CABIN, 5:00 AM. 

Just like she had asked him to, he hugged her as she sobbed. He didn't say a word, not even a snarky remark under his breath. He just held her close to his chest, keeping his arms loosely wrapped around her waist. Lazily opening her eyes, she blinks away the sleep that threatened to take her back so soon, she couldn't go back to sleep. At least, not yet. Letting out a tiny yawn, she curls into the warmth of his jacket, her hand gripping onto his shirt tightly.

She didn't expect⎯nor did she think he'd stay by her side all night long. Maybe just for a few minutes or until she falls asleep, but not the entire night. But, it felt nice. Really nice. She couldn't remember the last time someone stayed by her side that long. Eventually everyone left her, whether it be to deal with things on her own. Or to deal with their own things, 'things' they considered to be more important than her.

"We need to get up before Chiron makes morning rounds. He'll know something is off if we don't move." He states, his eyes drawn to the sunrise.

"Okay." She nods, lowering her eyes down to her lap.

"Something's on your mind. Just go on and say it. There's no need to beat around the bush or be awkward about it. We're way past the awkward stage. I don't let just anyone cry on my shoulder." He teases, nudging her side.

"Um⎯Are things going to change? Between us." She questions, "Are we friends? Or did you do this out of pity for me?"

"Yeah! Wait, um yeah for the being friends part. At least, that is if you want us to be friends. But, no, I didn't do this out of pity. I do care about you, I see myself in you.." He rambles on.

Yeah, they could be friends. She'd like that a lot. Nodding her head in agreement, she turns her eyes to the sunrise, Luke's arms tightening around her waist as she shifts in her seat. Her eyes trace over the blended shades of orange and yellow. Even though she didn't like to admit it, Apollo did a pretty good job with the sunrise. The Apollo kids should be proud of it.

A sadness starts to form in her stomach the more she thinks about it. Shifting in her seat, her back is now to his chest, her hands now in her lap. Playing with her fingers, he grasps onto her fingers, stopping them from picking at her nails. Gripping onto his hand tightly, a small blush forms on her face, a giddy feeling forms in her gut. She liked this a lot more than a 'friend' probably should.

"I don't wanna go just yet." She whispers, honestly.

"Neither do I. It's so..." His voice trailed off at the end.

"Peaceful? Not chaotic? Beautiful?" She suggests, "Quiet? Enchanting? Addicting?"

He lets out a small chuckle at her suggestions. Shaking her head at his chuckling, she plays with his fingers, tracing the small white scars that littered on his fingertips. They were not that deep, slightly calloused over. Looking at the light scarring, it was probably from accidentally nicking his fingers on his sword or from practicing so much with different weapons over the years.