𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 - 𝗷𝗶𝘂𝗻𝗴

𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 𝘀𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗹𝘂𝗸𝗮!

☆

𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 : 𝗷𝗶𝘂𝗻𝗴 

𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗿𝗲 : 𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲, 𝗮𝘂

         𝗜𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗕𝗘𝗘𝗡 weeks since you had stumbled across the used copy of the book you had been searching for for so long, your impatience glossing over the fact that the copy was quite tattered and worn out- scribbles and short notes in black ink bleeding into every page from extensive analyzation and use. 

but you didn't care.

in fact, you found the used copy almost mesmerizing. each turn of the next page would fill you with anticipation, not from the story, but from the annotations that were inked on each page. the clean black handwriting soon becoming a familiar and favorite sight of yours, filling your head with the hope you would somehow find the author that had captivated you just from their simple handwriting. it was just something about the way they managed to write down almost every thought you had for yourself that made you so curious in who was the past owner of the book, always hoping you would catch the familiar handwriting somewhere else. 

but you hadn't. and it had been weeks. 

you were practically drowning your disappointment in cups of coffee and hours spent at your local cafe, rereading what you could of the book while silently resenting the joyous people around you. 

"i always see you here." 

you looked up from your book to see the barista at your table with your drink in his hand, a nervous smile plastered on his face. 

"sorry, shall i just leave this here?" his voice quivered as he placed the cup of coffee in front of you as a lock of hair brushed over his eyes. 

"sorry." you shook yourself out of your thoughts. "i didn't mean to ignore you." 

"oh, it's alright." the nervous smile graced his face once again yet this time a bit more confidently. "i always see you here, i'm assuming you live nearby?" 

you nodded as you closed your book which caught the eyes of the curious barista. 

"no way! that's my favorite book!" he excitedly said. "i've read it like 20 times- i eventually had to get a new copy as my old one was pretty worn out!" his face quickly reddened as he realized he was rambling so much. 

"yeah, i had been searching for a copy for so long. the only way i got one was in the donation box in the library." you smiled at him making his face redden even more. 

"i'm glad you could get your hands on a copy," he stepped side to side as he brushed back another piece of hair that fell in front of his eyes. "i have to get back to work- i hope you enjoy everything." he quickly said before returning behind the cafe counter once again- the smile not leaving your face as you took a sip of your coffee. 

which was sweeter than usual. 

you turned the cup to the side to see if you had ordered it incorrectly, scanning the scribbled note on the side of the cup. 

and written in the handwriting you had become so used to the past weeks read:

call me :)
(xxx-xxx-xxxx)
- jiung (your barista)

-jan 15th, 2023

𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝟮 𝗺𝗮𝘆𝗯𝗲 𝗶𝗱𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗮 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱