Chapter 9-You love...me?

Emily went up to her dorm room. She sat on her bed thinking about James. If only she had just told him how she felt. Maybe she would have a chance.

An owl flew in and landed on her bed. She grabbed the letter and opened it.

'Hey Emily,

It's me again, your secret admirer. I had to write this to you before I lost the chance. I just want to say that I meant every word that I said to you in the great hall. I really do love you.

I hope you figured out who I am.'

Emily blinked at the paper. She must be seeing things. He couldn't possibly be.

Emily ran down the stairs and up the boy's side. She knocked on the door and Remus answered.

"Where's James?"

"I don't know. Sirius get the map."

"He's at the astronomy tower."

Emily ran as fast as she could. She saw him staring into the distance and she paused trying to catch her breath.

"Emily?" He turned towards her and then saw a paper in her hand. He felt a lump in his throat and turned back away.

"James, is this from you?" James didn't answer. He just stared off into the distance.

Emily grabbed his arm and pulled him to face her. "Did you write this?" She held the paper up to him. He nodded, his eyes glistening with tears.

"You meant everything you said? Every word?" He nodded again. He was looking anywhere but at her. Why had he written that stupid note? He couldn't handle this.

"James..." Emily pulled him into a hug. He stood there for a bit before wrapping his arms around her. He held onto her like it was the last time he would be able to. A tear ran down his face.

"I'm sorry." Here comes the rejection. James mentally prepared himself. "I lied to you."

"What?" James pulled back from the hug confused. He immediately regretted it when he met her eyes.

"In my first letter that I wrote back I said I loved someone else. That was a lie. We'll not entirely. What I'm trying to say is that I love you too." James stared at her, shock written all over his face.

"What?" He finally managed to croak out.

"I feel the same as you."

"That-but- really?" James' face broke out into the biggest smile. "You love me?"

"Yes." He pulled her into a bone crushing hug.

"I'm so happy! I never thought I had a chance!" James pulled back and stared into her eyes. He glanced down at her lips and swallowed.

"Can I-" James looked down at the ground blushing.

"Yes."

James looked back into her eyes and smiled. He cupped her face and slowly leaned in. Their eyes fluttered closed and finally their lips connected. The kids had started out sweet and gentle but eventually it started getting heated. James grabbed her west and pulled her body right against him. Her hands went to his hair. He rubbed his hands up and down her back. He then tangled his hands in her hair. He seemed so desperate to get as much as he could. Unfortunately they had to pull away for air. James leaned his forehead against hers and smiled.

"Don't plan on ever getting rid of me." He mumbled and pecked her lips.

"Never." She replied with a smile.

James trailed kisses along her neck. He kissed right behind her ear making her shiver.

"I'm obsessed with you." He whispered into her ear.

Emily put her hand back in his hair and sighed. He was going to be the death of her.

"I'm never going to let you go. You're mine." He returned his lips to hers and kissed gently. She smiled into the kiss.

"I'll always be yours."

James pulled back and grabbed her hand.

"Does that mean you'll be my girlfriend?"

"No way." She teased. "Take me on a date first"

"Okay. I'll take you on the best date you've ever been on. This Saturday. It's the last one before term ends."

"I'm joking. You don't have to take me on one. I'll be your girlfriend."

"I'm fine with you being my girlfriend now but I'm still taking you on a date."

"Okay."

"Let's go to the common room." James intertwined their fingers and they walked back together. Emily had never been this happy.