Chapter 4- End of term

Christmas break was in two days and Emily couldn't wait to see her parents. She was in the great hall laughing with her friends. They had decided to sit at the Gryffindor table today. The owls flew in and dropped letters. Emily's landed with a package and a letter.

'Dear Emily,

I'm sorry sweetheart. We won't be able to make it home for Christmas again this year. I hope this present makes it up to you. Love mum and dad.'

Emily sighed.

"Hey Emily, my mum just wrote to me saying that your mum asked her if you and your friends could stay there for Christmas." James told her.

"I thought we were staying at your house." Julian said.

"Change of plans. My parents can't make it back." Emily smiled trying to hide her sadness.

"Didn't they promise?" Nora asked.

"It's fine."

"This is like the third year in a row." Marisa said.

"I said it's fine. We'll have fun at James'"

"Hey Emily, could I talk to you?" Remus asked.

"Yeah sure."

"Alone."

"Oh! Yeah, let's go." The two left the great hall. James was grinding his teeth and his hand was in a fist. He didn't understand why he felt like this. Why couldn't he handle the thought of Emily with anybody.

"Do you like James?" Remus asked immediately.

"Of course I mean he is my friend"

"I mean like like him. Do you fancy him?"

"Was I that obvious?"

"Every time he talked about Lily you left. You always look at him as if he hung the moon and stars."

"I'm totally screwed. How many people know?"

"Probably everyone but him."

"At least he doesn't know."

"Why don't you confess."

"Because I don't want to get rejected."

"What makes you think he would reject you?"

"He's in love with Lily. Who am I compared to her? She's smart, talented, popular, and pretty. If I got more pretty do you think he would like me?"

"You don't have to change anything. Just be yourself and he will realize he likes you."

"Yeah and I'm Brandon Sanderson." She repeated Julian's words even though she had no idea who that was.

"As if. He's the best author. You wish you were him."

"I don't even know who that is. You and Julian should be friends."

"He's the one from Ravenclaw, right?"

"Yup." Emily said, popping the p.

"You know Regulus Black? Sirius' brother?"

"Yeah."

"I heard he's staying at Hogwarts this Christmas. I also heard your friend likes him."

A/N Sorry this chapter is pretty small, ill make it up in the next chapter.